ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radar Detector

I am seriously thinking of getting a radar detector, there are so many old bill around now its unbelievable! :mad:

I have been looking at the Snopper S6R Neo which has GPS and radar + laser protection.

The origin b2 looks good but supposedly doesnt work with heat reflective windscreens.

Anyone got a good device that has all the features? ie GPS / radar / laser?

The S6R Neo is £393.99 at the moment at http://www.radar-detectors-uk.com/snooper_radar_detectors.htmhttp://www.radar-detectors-uk.com/snooper_radar_detectors.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

im also tempted to get one

although, it is alot cheaper just to drive within the ludicrus speed limits!

Ive got 6 points at the moment (1x SP30 + 1x SP60) and my insurance (A Flux) is about £200 more than a clean license! Add on the 2 x £60 fines, it starts to make a bit of sense.

With the amount of mobile vans that are around now I just cant take the risk. :(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

The windscreens that are on Renaults (apart from the cup) stop the box picking up the GPS signal properly. You may need a re-radiating aerial so that it is fine. Not sure how much extra they are, but worthwhile investment. Just have a look to see which ones have the re-radiating aerial, then it will improve your choice...

The SR6 Neo has a GPS antenna that will reach the rear parcel shelf for upwards vision.

The clear spot on the windscreen also allows GPS to be received as i have my S4 Neo there and it works fine.

the S4 is also worth considering as it covers GPS and all the fixed camera systems.

It can also be removed and transferred very easily to another vehicle unlike the S6 one.

It doesnt have the RLD as std but if you hear laser then you are probably too late anyway!