ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snooper s6 police cash machine detector

I have bought a S6 Neo, which is GPS and i also have the laser/radar detector too.

I also have a Renault Clio, 2004 which happens to have reflective windows.

The GPS didnt work well in the square where it is supposed to work, so the GPS aerial is against the sunroof, but i was wondering, i have placed the laser/radar detector behind/next to the interior mirror. Will it work there?

Does the reflective windscreen affect radar/laser?

Stuart

Yep I have my laser detecter (origin b2) by my rear view mirror and it works fine - its alerted me on a number of occasions (even when I wasnt being targeted)

mine has been very quite. i used to have a cheap £50 radar/laser detector and that detected loads of stuff, like super market doors, but the snooper hasnt detected a thing! Only had it installed a day, but done 25 miles in it so far.

Ziel Nurburgring

Most people wire the aerials to the rear passenger windows for the best reception. Or up and outside if your feeling adventurous

i even went passed 2 truvelos and the snooper didnt even know they were there! the snooper has been updated, i guess no one on the isle of wight has a snooper to get tehm registered on the database!

Mondeo ST TDci

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 25 February 2005

Most people wire the aerials to the rear passenger windows for the best reception. Or up and outside if your feeling adventurous
mine is also in rear side window

I used to have one of these and the radar detector only worked in the square on the windscreen, once more for full reception i put the aerial outside just behind the radio aerial, with the wire going through into the boot and through the roof lining. This was very easy to do and as i say i got the best reception that way.

BMW 320d Sport

I used to have my GPS aerial on the sunroof frame underneath the glass, no problems there. If Id have got round to it I would have put the detector part in the front grille, thats what its designed for.

i was worried that putting the radar/laser detector in the grill, it would be too close to the radiator. Any thoughts on this?

SO i better move it away from my interior mirror then and move it to the engine or the square.

The S6 GPS unit is a nightmare in the car. I routed mine into the engine bay and fitted it under the plastic in front of the drivers windscreen area. Sits on top of the wiper motor nicely and gets a great signal.

The cable can be routed through with the alarm cable under the dash on the passenger side and it comes out in the bay behind the soundproofing under the water top up bottle which just clips off.

Radar/Laser dector is installed under the number plate, had to cut a couple of squares out of the grill to fit it in but I figure the dealer wont notice if I part ex and if I sell privately Ill leave it fitted as its not worth ripping it out.

Works nice now and has saved me on occasion

i like the idea of the GPS, but too not keen on the idea of hte cutting a few squares up front. I will have a look later when i move tehe gps to the engine bat, as i currently have it on the ledge under the windscreen.