ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RADIATOR change form 172 / 182

Focus RS mk1
they are not exactly the same, the 182 has a hole on the one side for a rad switch, if you are putting a 182 rad into a 172 you will need to buy a plug and washer from renault for the hole. i found this out when i got me a new rad and they didnt tell me i needed the plug!

Thanks,

I now have a 182 engine waiting to go into my 172 ph2 but will be using some of my 172 parts as it may only be bottom end damage but will want to use most of the 182 parts as possiable as it only had 18k on the clock.

Should i just get a 182 rad or 172 ph2??

Sorry for all the questions i just dont want to buy then have to re buy afterwards.

Megane 225
I had big end failure on my 172. Dropped a 182 lump in. We only changed over the pas pump etc and the bracket on the back that hold the drive shaft. Everything else was fine. So a 172 rad will be grand. I assume the rad switch is connected in someway to the ecu and you'll be using your 172 ecu. Wouldn't bother mixing ends and heads. If there's only 18k on the 182 lump do a straight swap!