ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radiator fan

Golf GTD Mk7
Don't think this is working. Not heard it go off in ages. Even when i did a track day in her. How do I do a check on it? It moves if i physically push it.

should think it'll come on if you leave it idling for 10mins (after having warmed it up)

keep an eye on the gauge and turn it off if it doesn't. mine cuts in a little past half way on the dial but not sure if that's typical

alternatively, if you can find the connector plug, you'd probably just be able to connect it to 12 to test it

Golf GTD Mk7
Which gauge do you mean? I have never noticed it coming on in heavy traffic before. I have noticed what looks like steam coming from somewhere between the passenger headlight and the radiator. Wondered if this could have something to do with it not coming on?

RSC 182 Cup
With an you RSTuner will be able to check that the ECU can trigger the fan properly (in the Diagnostics you can manually operate the cooling fan on high and low speed.) You can also read off the Coolant Temp Sensor output using the Live Data while the engine is running. So basically you can check the whole lot out.

Those functions aren't locked down to individual vehicles so if you can find someone who's got one already..... ;)