ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator / heater hose leaking

Clio 200 Red Bull
Well seems to be a new one coz I can't find answers to this in the search tool.

Noticed today - after much dismantling, running the car, going for a drive, dismantling some more - that one of the heater hoses is leaking (has a hole in it). I'm referring to the two hoses that go to the firewall and are used to supply hot water for the climate control. The one leaking is the lower one.

Only problem ...

It's connected to the top one, which is connected to the lower radiator hose, which is connected to the lower outlet of the coolant bottle. Yes, it's one huge hose joined to more than half of the other hoses making it a giant mega hose to beat all hoses. To top that all off it appears that the clamps on the firewall are press fit at factory and look like you need some uber-expensive Renault tool just to remove them.

So two questions
- What's one of these mega-super-deluxe hoses cost? (Renault, as I know Venair do a complete set which can be had for about 160)
- How do I remove the hoses from the firewall, with a chance of fitting the new ones?