ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator help

Clio 197
Hi ClioSport,
I've got a ph1 172 with an aircon delete and need a new radiator for it, my question is (and I apologise if it's a stupid one) will a radiator from a 172/182 WITH aircon fit/work? Or do I need a non-aircon specific one?
Thanks in advance.

renault clio 1.4 16v
As far as i know the air con condenser is clipped onto the front on the radiator, so it would be the same size and should fit... on your ride the condenser would have been removed however there will be no harm done if you measure up your current rad and compare it to that of another...

Clio 197
As far as i know the air con condenser is clipped onto the front on the radiator, so it would be the same size and should fit... on your ride the condenser would have been removed however there will be no harm done if you measure up your current rad and compare it to that of another...

So it would just be a case of removing the condenser and fitting as normal?
I would measure the current rad if it was still in the engine bay, I stupidly got rid of it before doing so!
Thank you for your help mate.

PH2 172
Hi ClioSport,
I've got a ph1 172 with an aircon delete and need a new radiator for it, my question is (and I apologise if it's a stupid one) will a radiator from a 172/182 WITH aircon fit/work? Or do I need a non-aircon specific one?
Thanks in advance.
The standard rad will be fine without the condenser bolted to it.Unless you can find a used one that has recently been replaced,go for a new Nissens unit at around £70.