ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio not working but clock light staying on

Clio
Hi

A couple of weeks ago my radio just stopped working, wouldnt switch on or do anything, but when i switch the engine off & lock the car the clock stays on. I took it in to the mechanics how sent it off & it was fixed but now 2 weeks later it has done the same thing. Took it back & now they are saying I have to replace the radio. It was colder than -10 degrees both the times it has broken if that makes a difference. Anyone ideas what's causing it to do this and will I have to replace my radio? Its not the fuses.

Thanks

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Did you take it to renault to get it fixed? Mine did that a couple of weeks ago at about -9/10, they reset the radio and it works fine now. Supposidly a chip inside the unit freezes which can stop it working and sometimes needs replaced.

Clio
Thanks everyone. I called Renualy today & they are replacing my whole radio for free. Lets hope it dosnt happen to this one as the cold weather dosnt seem to be going anywhere soon.