ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio signal

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm trying to get to the bottom of the poor signal on the radio in my 172, FM is ok, could be better but works where as AM and MW are non existent.

I've checked the aerial lead on the headunit and wiggled the leads at the aerial lead but no improvement. Is it definitely a case of needing a new/used aerial base?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It was ok in my 182, I'm not sure I can be bothered to sort replace the aerial base then really, more pressing matters

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Ariel base isnt too bad a job, my poor reception forced me into it. Was horrendous. Just got to be careful and not prise the headlining down too far and be prepared to work restricted

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ariel base isnt too bad a job, my poor reception forced me into it. Was horrendous. Just got to be careful and not prise the headlining down too far and be prepared to work restricted
I've had a bit of a poke around, seems doable without removing much more than the boot seal and a few headlining clips.