ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rage bucket seats

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
Alright - currently have a 54 plate clio thats been in the bodyshop for 16 weeks - YES 16 weeks "2 weeks minimum job" - t**t! neways, ive bought 2 reclinable rage buckets and have just realised the whole subframe issue. Is it possible to make them roll on your original clio frames? and what about the whole "explosives in my seatbelt" thing??? and airbags - can you hook them up so they work with bucket seats?? i mean ive torn my car to bits, but i wuld never comprimise on safety for looks. Cheers guys all input greatly appreciated! Simon

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lol 16 weeks is nothing, mines been on the road for less 500 miles in 14 months and its not finished yet! Astetically Modified cars are a pain in the arse mate.

I bought these seast AGES ago for my clio, when they first came out, (im talking years back) I got the "universal Sub frames with them, what a joke they were, I know people who have got them fitted in clios, but I couldnt do it, so i sold the seats and bought Cobras with proper custom made subframes.

You havea few options:

A) Custom Made frames
B) Modify Stock Frames
C) Modifiy some frames from another manufacturer seat (ie Cobra) This is extremely difficult however now, as you need to prove you own Cobra seats to buy the frames, to stop people modifying them and compromising their safety.

I personally would only consider A, cause the word modified in this sense sounds like "bodge" and you cant have that!

I'm sure theres a way of wiring up the seat belt pretensioners etc etc so your airbag still works, do a search, I havent got this far yet lol!

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
lol 16 weeks is nothing, mines been on the road for less 500 miles in 14 months and its not finished yet! Astetically Modified cars are a pain in the arse mate.

haha mate i need my car to exist! its like losing a testicle! how can it take 14 months?!?!?! there isnt a panel on my car untouched! its all smoothed, bonnet vent, corsa wide arches, full respray etc! u gettin skud missiles fitted aye??? and ur soooooooo right - modified = pain in the arse! i wish id kerbed this hobby when i started!

Clio DCi 65
Lol,

Mines been gone for 2 weeks and im cringing for it to come back!!!

Saved up so much money this week from not going out on a lil drive here n there

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

haha mate i need my car to exist! its like losing a testicle! how can it take 14 months?!?!?! there isnt a panel on my car untouched! its all smoothed, bonnet vent, corsa wide arches, full respray etc! u gettin skud missiles fitted aye??? and ur soooooooo right - modified = pain in the arse! i wish id kerbed this hobby when i started!

sounds good, Mine went in crash damaged, I'm also having some interior work done.

My side skirts took about 2 weeks to fit and smooth, had to have plates welded to the car to "widen" it so ther skirst sat flush

Tangoed Works
Waste of cash for an everyday car, for a show car mabye, but then again its still money down the pisser.

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
naw buddy - it isnt money down the pisser. end of the day, ive got a motor i bought and done from scratch, everything on it was my choice. its a work in progress, and i ahve a goal to get it in a mag. My pals who get themselves into debt on store cards and who work all week to spend it down the local and piss it against the wall, thats wastin money. ive got something to show for my efforts that makes me happy, and gets shallow girls! haha WOOOOOOOOHHH!

BMW F31
im only messin mate, i had rage buckets in my old 1.2, it wasnt money down the pisser imo, they made me a bit more confident on the road and generally just prefered them to the stock crap, rage are well priced reclining buckets.
the only thing that was a b**ch was finding some subframes, sourced mine from ebay in the end and the guy told me he got them from halfrauds! :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's a hobby isn't it ???

Everyone spends money on things they choose. If someone wishes to support the UK's economy by spending money in bodyshops modifying their car, who should say otherwise ??

Come "For Sale" time, is when you can nit-pick ;)