ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raging! can anyone help?

Renault Clio Campus Sport
Well after having a good day at uni and finishing early, i come out to find that my car has been crashed into! got 2 big cracks on the bumper and alot more kind of cracking at the point that was hit! I checked the street and found the building across the road had a camera (happens to be a HM Revenue and customs building) went in and was told data protection blah blah blah cant let you see the camera go to the police!

so i taken all my details and went to the police, he taken down all my details i shown him on a map where the street is and i told him about the camera, yet he didnt take down the fact there was a camera there. He then came out inspected the damage and asked if i had an excess or if i could get it fixed?

I told him it was a possibility for me to get it fixed however im suspicious about the fact the guy/girl didnt leave any insurance details or number with my car! He finished off taking the details and then gave me a crime reference number.

Now i was wondering if its a case of 'thats it' or they'll follow up and find the guy that done it or am i just expected to claim on my insurance? He didnt say anything about checking the cameras at the building? any help would be great!

Cheers!

172 Cup
Sounds like he cant be bothered lol
Id call up again quoting that reference and ask if they have looked at the tape yet matey..

Sounds like he cant be bothered lol
Id call up again quoting that reference and ask if they have looked at the tape yet matey..

when i told him my insurance excess was £500 he was like 'na, ive got a punto and i just went to the scrappies and got a replacement bumper and done it me self' im not overly annoyed my car has been hit im more annoyed of the trouble im gonna have to go to, to get the guy/girls regi. id have been more than happy for just £250 cash in hand and not bother about the insurance and get it repairs myself!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If the police ask, they have to show them the tapes. Similar thing happened in our works carpark and they wouldn't let the girl see the video footage till she got the police involved, but then only the police were aloud to see it.

Phone up in a day or so and give them all the details of the CCTV people and they 'have to' (they won't if they can get away with it) follow it up. Kick some butt otherwise

If the police ask, they have to show them the tapes. Similar thing happened in our works carpark and they wouldn't let the girl see the video footage till she got the police involved, but then only the police were aloud to see it.

Phone up in a day or so and give them all the details of the CCTV people and they 'have to' (they won't if they can get away with it) follow it up. Kick some butt otherwise

my plan mate was to wait till friday then phone up and ask if they've checked the cameras at the building? tell them i told the officer about the camera when i was in and ask it to be checked, then phone back on monday and ask if theyre any further!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
tell that you have found the driver and you have a big knife ! the police will soon come running .......

Clio 182
Ask the rozzer whats happening about it, its a hit and run so dont know why he has given you a crime number!!!
If he says theres nothing more he can do ask to speak with his supervisor and tell them about the CCTV.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
yes the problem isnt just the hit and runner, more so the police who, and lets be fair to them, do sweet f**k all!! they dont want to solve crimes or help people, they want to set dogs on people and hide in bushes with speed guns, i got a £30 fine for flashing my foglights at my mate! i said to him, fine il pay it but if you really wanted to catch criminals go and sit on morris square carpark and garantee you will see a drug deal within 15 mins, but there to scared to do that, so they just spend there time handing out fines to the people that pay there wages.... RANT OVER.. fact of the matter is leaving the scene of a crime is a iligal offence so its the polices job to follow up any leads, and if one of them is you telling them that there is a CCTV cam facing it and they do nothing about it, you can stur up some serious s**t with the authorities!

It's going to involve a lot of phone calls by the sounds of things. Just constantly get onto them quoting the number to see if they've checked the tapes.

yes the problem isnt just the hit and runner, more so the police who, and lets be fair to them, do sweet f**k all!! they dont want to solve crimes or help people, they want to set dogs on people and hide in bushes with speed guns, i got a £30 fine for flashing my foglights at my mate! i said to him, fine il pay it but if you really wanted to catch criminals go and sit on morris square carpark and garantee you will see a drug deal within 15 mins, but there to scared to do that, so they just spend there time handing out fines to the people that pay there wages.... RANT OVER.. fact of the matter is leaving the scene of a crime is a iligal offence so its the polices job to follow up any leads, and if one of them is you telling them that there is a CCTV cam facing it and they do nothing about it, you can stur up some serious s**t with the authorities!

:D thats good to know, i do plan on phoning on friday and asking whats going on, ill demand they check the camera however ive no way of proving they have actually checked it :/

172 Cup
Make a request to their data protection person under the DPA. Give them the date and time of the accident, and enough information to identify you and your car.

You might need to provide ID to prove that you are you, and your car is yours. And you might need to provide a fee.

Clio 182

With that sort of attitude im not suprised you got a ticket lol

It's going to involve a lot of phone calls by the sounds of things. Just constantly get onto them quoting the number to see if they've checked the tapes.

luckily i get 1200 minutes a month so im covered! yeah its starting to sound like it, when i first realised it had happened i thought of bio hazards thread about his hit and run! shame the police arent as good with me as they are with him! well ill give them 2 days (till about 2pm on friday) to check surely thats enough time to watch fast forward through 3 hours of film (at most) to see who ran into me.

As i said the camera does face the road and pretty much at my car so surely they will be able to see who done it!

Clio 182
Just pester the fook out of them matey, at the end of the day its a peice of piss to check a CCTV vid out, if theres nothing there then theres nothing they can do really.......... Unfortunately you get some coppers like that

Make a request to their data protection person under the DPA. Give them the date and time of the accident, and enough information to identify you and your car.

You might need to provide ID to prove that you are you, and your car is yours. And you might need to provide a fee.

to hm revenues and customs one? the only problem is my car was parked for 3 hours so it would have to be that full clip! ill get the police to do it! thats what theyre there for!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
With that sort of attitude im not suprised you got a ticket lol

im just a realist, at the end of the day i have met some coppers who were really sound, and some of them are! but then again i got stopped by one when i was 11 coming out of asda who stopped me, searched me, accused me of stealling a 30p carton of milk and i told him to come in with me to the women who just served me as proof and he said if i moved an inch he would cosh and mace me!!! this is to a 11 year old! clearlly his daddy bummed him when he was a child and he got beat up by girls at school thats why he was on such a power trip, but unfortuatly this is the case with a fair few police, they were bullyed, then they join for the power... anyway, slightly of topic!

172 Cup
just noticed that they'll edit it so i cant see the number plate, so thats a no hope situation :(

Surely if it's declared as a hit and run Police will want to view it.

Just check its on the tapes first.

Then police can have it with the reg. plate.

Surely if it's declared as a hit and run Police will want to view it.

Just check its on the tapes first.

Then police can have it with the reg. plate.

true fair enough, i may just push the police to get them to look at the tapes and get a copy for myself so i know if they'll be lying or not about the plate!

UPDATE!

a small update!

phoned the police station today and was told that it was put through as a road traffic accident? (i think) he then asked if i knew what officer put it through when i went in? i didnt but he went and found out!

he said he'll tell the supervisor on tomorrows shift (as thats when the guys back in) and the guy whose taking my investigation will be back in to give me a call! so its a start if ive not been phoned by 2pm im gonna phone in again and moan some more, make it a priority that they'll check the cctv as itll be gone in a week or so. then see what they say and leave it a day till they check the camera and then phone back!