ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raider tested by Evo

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ouch! :eek:

It's about 3ft off the floor with those 18's!

No arch gap just ground clearance. Be good for the winter.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I said all these negative points on the RS forum & got shunned away-

what a waste of money

I would by a FF 60 Plate one fully specced in White / silver / rb with Recaros for 10k & Pocket the rest or spend 11k on mods...

the Silver one is OK, If you look at the red one & saw it SIDEWAYS on a pistonheads ad you would be thinking thats the worst 197 ive even seen-

I feel sorry for any clownshoe buying one of these & it being worthless & not desirable like the Gheydini in 24 months--

S

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

I was offered a LY 200 this week for 11k less than the list on these & it has the proper leather recaros with white stiched seats-

nearly bought it to put the seats in the vee

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
not sure about here I know it was on RS-- Id want it for 10 really-

S

Clio 182
Hate to say this with all the hate on them but I'm now in the process of sorting out a PCP for the grey one of these. Firstly it looks incredible. Secondly the price...

What I was looking at:
FF Clio 200 £16,835
Cup Chassis £450
Recaros in the Front £970
LY £1,250
Comes to £20,600

Now look at the Raider £21k right, but it's got all this extra:

RS monitor £410
Recaros Carbon Trim pack: £1080 (minus the already selected Recaros) £110
GT Spoiler: £205
Mats, gearknob, wheel insert: £220

£21,545!!

Plus your getting an even more custom paint and wheels. It's not an outrageous price. It's just the same as a fully specked FF.

Sources, just got back from the garage. Sitting here with the Price Guide.
I don't mean to be anal, but it's not a ridiculous price.

Clio 182
If anything your buying Clio with every option boxed checked, but your getting a special edition for no extra price

The trade off is you get that retarded paint. May as well own a bicycle made out of cardboard. These cars are going to look tired as hell very quickly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If anything your buying Clio with every option boxed checked, but your getting a special edition for no extra price

Bit of self justification there. No?

It's still a lot of money, for a Clio. The reason people don't actually pay that much for them is that they are too expensive for what they are. I've yet to see a 200 on here with every box ticked and at retail price.

People tick a couple of boxes, realise it's getting expensive for a "Clio" and stop.

Good luck with the purchase though mate, It is a cracking piece of kit.

Clio 182
Bit of self justification there. No?

It's still a lot of money, for a Clio. The reason people don't actually pay that much for them is that they are too expensive for what they are. I've yet to see a 200 on here with every box ticked and at retail price.

People tick a couple of boxes, realise it's getting expensive for a "Clio" and stop.

Good luck with the purchase though mate, It is a cracking piece of kit.

Admittedly, Yes there is a lot of self justification. But can you blame me hah?

What I'm saying is all true though, but I can see your point.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It all boils down to disposable income-

If you can afford to lose money on depreciation then buy one-
If you cant buy a low mileage second hand one....

S

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the price is reasonable considering the euro vs £ and the rampant inflation of the last few years.

Long gone are the days you could go in and buy an RS for 12.5k cash, brand new.

People have to realise this is what is going on due to these factors. It is a perfectly reasonable price considering the spec, especially when they are begin sold for sub 20k.

i wouldn't buy one personally. I saw a lush AG demonstrator FF with 1000 miles on the RS forum for stupid money. 15k iirc. bargain imo.

the price is reasonable considering the euro vs £ and the rampant inflation of the last few years.

Long gone are the days you could go in and buy an RS for 12.5k cash, brand new.

People have to realise this is what is going on due to these factors. It is a perfectly reasonable price considering the spec, especially when they are begin sold for sub 20k.

i wouldn't buy one personally. I saw a lush AG demonstrator FF with 1000 miles on the RS forum for stupid money. 15k iirc. bargain imo.

f**k me, someone that understands money and the economy. 20 k wont by a pack of fags by the time these f*****s have printed to oblivion.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
bit of a bump.

Went into my local Renault garage to look at a dacia duster. (separate story!)

They had what i was told the last Raider RS clio in the country. Number 5. Looked great in the matt grey paint and leather recaros. Loved the fact it had pretty much every option on it too. Looked fantastic.

If it wasn't for a new RS coming out soon and the poor mpg and co2 of the current RS Clio I would be tempted.

Think I am going to wait for the new RS 1.6 turbo. But heck, the Raider was lush!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You think?

Personally I think they look over wheeled

Seats are awesome, eventually i'll probably get mine re done by edge :)