ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain-X on paint?..

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone ever tried it?
Could just be me being daft but it seems plausible. It would outperform all other sealants if its safe to use..

White Sti Hatch
Stick with the Wax's on the paint imo...cant see it harming the paint but i would stick with the Wax.

Storm Grey 200
I was thinking this the other day.... if it worked well it would keep the car clean(er) in rain?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
cant really see it being better than other sealants on the market that are meant for paint. rain x has been out for years if it were to work well on paint im sure everyone would be using it over any waxes. leave it on your glass imo

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yeah i am sure that it tells you to wipe it straight off the paint or trim if you get it on it.
So i can't imagine it would be sensible to put it all over the paint.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i am sure that it tells you to wipe it straight off the paint or trim if you get it on it.
So i can't imagine it would be sensible to put it all over the paint.
Ahh right, I wouldnt know cos the bottle i bought off ebay has most of the writing smudged off :S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rain X contains petroleum so i wouldn't use it on the paint

It doesn't contain petroleum at all . It's alcohol based . I've had it splash on my paintwork loads of times with no adverse effects . I'm not sure i'd try and seal the car with it though just in case .

I apply it if know it's going to freeze . When it's freshly applied more often that not your windscreen won't freeze due to the alcohol .Handy when i've been working nights , i can usually just jump in the car while the others are scraping their windows ;)

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
It doesn't contain petroleum at all . It's alcohol based . I've had it splash on my paintwork loads of times with no adverse effects . I'm not sure i'd try and seal the car with it though just in case .

I apply it if know it's going to freeze . When it's freshly applied more often that not your windscreen won't freeze due to the alcohol .Handy when i've been working nights , i can usually just jump in the car while the others are scraping their windows ;)

I stand corrected i could've swore it said on the label: Warning contains petroleum. But i've just checked for myself and i'm wrong.

106 GTi
I am not 100% sure how rain x works, it seems to have some cleaning abilitys in the fact it makes the glass squeaky clean as you apply it, not one I would try on my paintwork thats for sure.

Arctic 182FF
I stand corrected i could've swore it said on the label: Warning contains petroleum. But i've just checked for myself and i'm wrong.

could you possibly be thinking of AG Car Glass Polish? i'm pretty certain i've read on that before that it contains petroleum distillate.

and on that note, if slightly OT, i usually use this product on my windscreen and rain beads and runs off pretty well. has anyone used this and rain-x - is rain-x any better??

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
could you possibly be thinking of AG Car Glass Polish? i'm pretty certain i've read on that before that it contains petroleum distillate.

and on that note, if slightly OT, i usually use this product on my windscreen and rain beads and runs off pretty well. has anyone used this and rain-x - is rain-x any better??
Rain-X is a million times better for beading than AG. Altho AG is good for cleaning the glass prior to r-x

106 GTi
AG Glass standalone does work quite well, Rain X applied after improves it a fair bit though.

Arctic 182FF
cool, will have to pick some up soon and give it a try...mind i need some new wiper bladers first which is a bit pretty important considering 'tis the season to be rainy (and possibly snowy!)

No wipers FTW, confuses the s**t out of other drivers. I was rolling on the motorway today with the rainx no wipers styleee.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
didnt you lot find that rain x buggered up the wiper blades?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i always clay the windscreen. vineager to clean, then rain x on top. works a treat.