ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainex any good ?

Lee

BMW M2C
I used it a couple of weekends ago.

It's amazing when it rains, but when I have to wipe the screen because of spray it smears really badly. I did forget to clean the wiper blades so it may be that!!

My old man has it on his windscreen and it works perfectly.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If its applied to the letter it works great. i have it on all my cars.

I've got the pink dildo shaped one that I must try at some point - just a pain cleaning the windscreen properly beforehand as I may have to claybar it lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i found its fantastic but if you stop using it your windscreen is never the same again

visualize whirled pe
I used some collinte on my windscreen, it rained for the whole 200 miles on my last trip and I didnt use the wipers once on the motorway, after 60mph water just slid right off, does rain x do the same thing but better?

ST
Its good if applied properly..

You can drive down the motorway at pace without using your window wipers.

16v Dynamique
I use something called Aquapel, and I must say the need for using the wipers is dramatically reduced, water just blows straight off at speeds above 25mph. Never tried rainx though so can't really compare.

106 GTi
I use Duragloss Rain Repel purely as it is as easy to use as any spray on glass cleaner.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Get Halfords own brand of Rainex . Same stuff , bigger bottle for the same price ;) . If it's applied as per the directions it's good stuff , lasts for months .

Mito Sportiva 135
Tha Carlack stuff looks good, just got some 476s on my windows, not quite as good for beading but keeps them nice and glossy, and water doesn't dry on them and leave calcium marks. I like!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used some supaguard, its bloody brilliant!

s**t at protecting your paint, but ace at keeping water off your screen! :)