ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raising the Finances

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm much better at paying back than I am saving! As long as you know your limits and don't borrow more than you can afford then I don't see the problem.

Yeah, I agree. My loan is over 4 years, and it's very affordable. I'd rather do it this way than get the bus for 4 years while saving up.

80MPG BEEZA
it just seems some people have the money around them in the first place to go out and buy the car then can save up coz they dont have car payments, my parents dont have cash to lend me, my gf has 4k in an isa but i'd never borrow it i'd rather pay a little interest and know i have some money for if anything goes wrong.

it is true alot of young people dont know their limits these days but it is a consumerisy society so people can get stuff thats thought to be hard to earn by just filling in a form, its their fault for not having common sense and also a little of the companies for just keep giving people the credit!

i'd would never dare spend more then 1/5 of my income on repayments for stuff its just daft!

Less
thinking about getting a 2nd job to fund the car budget. I wont be spending either. Can increase the saving amount per month

private loan via through AA finanance , quite competitive 6.6% rate 3 yrs ago , goes as a personal loan rather than used as loan for buying a car

MINI JCW
sale of the clio - 2k
girlfriend's student loan which was kept in ISAs - 5k
money saved - 2k

That's how I'm funding my next car. The student loan is paid back at a very low rate, so better than any loan out there

The problem with student loans is that yes the interest rate is 2.5% but you pay it back over a long period meaning higher interest payments