ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAM problem...

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
hey.

so, i have a ASUS M2N-SLI mobo, and 2 x 2GB RAM.

install 2Gb, BIOS finds 2GB, all ok.

take the first 2GB out, install the other 2GB, BIOS finds 2GB, all ok.

install them together (i've checked i've got the right slots etc in mobo book) and it comes up as "3.6GB OK" and then in brackets "4GB installed" on the BIOS check. So its only finding 3.6GB of the 4GB that should be there.

its a 64bit system, was all running ok, just noticed it was lagging like hell on startup, and found the problem with the RAM.

I have now taken out one of the 2GB sticks, and im just running on 2GB, caus i wanted to install Windows 7 (which it did fine, and now runs fine).

Any ideas why it doesnt find all the RAM? Memory controller buggered?

Cheers :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You've paired up the 2x 2GB sticks in the right slots, I take it?

I've got almost the similar mobo at home M2N32-SLi - so I could do some checks for you later, if needed?

D.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
You've paired up the 2x 2GB sticks in the right slots, I take it?

I've got almost the similar mobo at home M2N32-SLi - so I could do some checks for you later, if needed?

D.

yeh, the RAM runs dual channel, there are 4 slots, two yellow, two black, i originally had the RAM running in the yellow (primary) slots, and it was all fine. something has happened somewhere are its now fooked...

cheers anyway :)

thought this was guna be about your missing bumper.

its not missing. its just not attached. f*cking 4x4s. would have been fine if he didnt have a f*cking great metal bumper on the front.