ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ram

2.0 175dci rs meggy
i have a dell - has 4 slots for ram cards
currently have 1.5gb ram
think its ddr 333Hz pc2700

can i go to ddr pc3200 400hz???
have seen a 2 gig pack (2 x 1GB sticks) for the above question?!

is it correct that if i can go the the pc3200 400hz it will only work as quick as the 333Hz pc2700?

so if i was to go all out and get 2 lots of these sticks (4GB) will it run at the higher rating?

whast the diff between DDR DDR2 etc?

Clio 172mk2
providing yer mother board accepts it i know i have 333 at min but it can handle 400 but yes all 4 slots would require same ram spec

B

Brown.

Find out the name of your mother board and search for ram capacity on google, unless you know, if you have 4 slots and it a newish system its likely to allow larger ram....keep to the original speed of 333hz though (unless the spec suggests it can take higher).....and try to fill all the slots.....if you have 4GB max then get 4 x 1GB and not 2 x 2GB....

2.0 175dci rs meggy
thats mint thanks - says i can use pc3200 (40Hhz) will be ordering 2x1GB pack tommoz and then again next month to bring it up to 4gb -

then need to upgrade the graphics card! any suggestions? - im using pc on a samsung HD 32" have vga and 3 HDMI ports - to use so a dvi out put on card to hdmi would be best?

graphics card in at the mo is a GeForce fx5200 128mb

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
go to www.crucial.com/uk and use their scanner wotsit then it'll tell you exactly what you can do and give you reccomendations on what to buy.

This is a good website. They will tell you what your motherboard can handle. You don't need to purchase it from them, but it will tell you what you need to know if looking to buy elsewhere. ;)

Not a Clio
thats mint thanks - says i can use pc3200 (40Hhz) will be ordering 2x1GB pack tommoz and then again next month to bring it up to 4gb -

then need to upgrade the graphics card! any suggestions? - im using pc on a samsung HD 32" have vga and 3 HDMI ports - to use so a dvi out put on card to hdmi would be best?

graphics card in at the mo is a GeForce fx5200 128mb

Could be wasting your money doing it this way then. If your machine is that old it's unlikely to have a PCIE slot which modern graphics cards require which would mean changing the motherboard and in doing that your memory probably wouldn't work and if it did would be bottlenecking. Really you need to either be looking at a new pc or upgrading board, cpu, memory etc etc yourself.