ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random none starting

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2
After some help guys :recently clio has been playing up can get in it starts and drives fine after a journey of say 15-20 miles stop the car leave for any amount of time and wont start .It turns over but wont fire up .its so random any info would be great cheers

Clio 172mk2
its common , just make sure u turn keys to start on light on dash , wait a few secs then try, if it doesnt sart after 3 turns , turn keys off and do it again and it should be fine

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2
cheers mate the only thing is its just recently which makes me think over a period of time something is playing up any other help would be great

Could be the crankshaft sensor, I had that on my 1.2 extreme, was lucky that the ECU registered the fault otherwise it would of been damn hard to find.

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2
Spies said:
Could be the crankshaft sensor, I had that on my 1.2 extreme, was lucky that the ECU registered the fault otherwise it would of been damn hard to find.
lot of work involved to rectify it mate ?