ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random stalling

Elise S1 B&C 140
As above really. Happened a few times over the last couple of weeks when I press the clutch in it stalls, no juddering, no warning lights or anythig it just switches off. Starts again first time and is ok for a day or two before doing the same again.

Any ideas.

Bumder With A Buffer
Mine does this too "occasionally". Hasn't done it for a few days/weeks mind.

Do you ever have any issues with when your pulling upto lights and depress the clutch that the revs almost die then over rev then go stable??

Elise S1 B&C 140
Mine does this too "occasionally". Hasn't done it for a few days/weeks mind.

Do you ever have any issues with when your pulling upto lights and depress the clutch that the revs almost die then over rev then go stable??

Yeah i get that alot, stalled 10 times on a 2 mile trip through town earlier, after some advice on here I im about to take the throttle body off and clean it and have just bought a TDC sensor as ive heard that can be a prob. any other thoughts ?

Bumder With A Buffer
hmm mine dont show any fault codes... just revs randomly in certain conditions. Then again I am running mine on RSTuner.

Are you sure t--- is a fault as on most 172's they always show up having a fault on the throttle pedal when its not?

SchwepTek™
I've had this.

Replaced throttle body, throttle pedal, throttle pedal wiring loom, tcd sensor, map sensor, cleaned lambda sensors....

It still does it now n then!