ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Driver Runs Over Bikers in NYC

No one died apparently. Only person with big injuries was the driver when he got jumped.

Proper bad move stopping!

Biker well and truly deserved to be run over! Riding in front of the Range and slowing right down, what was he thinking!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The report doesnt say "no one else injured" though does it?

Only that no other injuries were reported?

Not quite the same potentially?

Oh yeah true you could be right there. Can't remember the wording exactly and I've closed it now.

But no one was killed as suggested in the video description.

Also, if there were other injuries then surely it would have been one of the bikers who got run over and surely they'd have reported it to defend their case...

n2x

e60/f10
Story from DailyMail:

Couple and young child in Range rover
Prior to vid: Bikers were being reckless/Dickheads, and one clipped the RRs side mirror and ate chit.
Bikers chased RR, tried to get it to stop.
Biker brake checked RR, 10 + Bikers boxed it in and driver panicked and floored it. No one was killed.
Driver of RR was cut up a bit by broken glass at the end, being treated in hospital.

Anyone who says ploughing through the crotch-rocketeers was a retarded idea isn´t thinking clearly then. You have your wife and a 5-year-old kid in the car, no way in hell would someone let a pack of hyenas on bikes open the car door to "talk" or whatever they wanted to do.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bunch of c**ts, I would have done exactly the same, although I would have locked the doors and carried on driving, not go into the city.

A lot of guns in 'merica (F*ck Yeah) too so that must have crossed his mind. 100 biker c*nts, at least a few of them will have one on them.

Just don't understand why he went into town!?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Funny how this happens just after gta is released eh? Fair play to the guy I'd of squashed the lot amd pulled the handbrake up whilst I was over the top of them

Clio 182

This seems to be the actual original video; if you look through this guys other videos from the same day (numbered sequentially, and all uploaded within last 24 hours) it seems like there's a large number of bikers all over the road with little or no regard for the traffic around them. Can easily see how one of them could have come into contact with another vehicle (regardless of fault). Sounds like things escalated quickly. No other videos that I could see showing exact before/after tho.

I wonder if Rangie had stayed put would things have escalated so far? Doubtful. Having said that, something spooked the driver enough that they felt the only way out was to drive over other people. That's quite a hideous situation to be in.

Last edited by a moderator:
  S4 Avant
A lot of guns in 'merica (F*ck Yeah) too so that must have crossed his mind. 100 biker c*nts, at least a few of them will have one on them.

Just don't understand why he went into town!?

That thought would have crossed my mind too.

There is not a chance I'd have stopped for a second time, let alone a third. He looked like he wasn't that bothered about getting away!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Imagine looking in your mirror and seeing that many bikers chasing after you, must have been proper scary. Not much point in booting it, he's not getting away from a bike.

Impossible to comment. We don't know what happened before hand. But if the bikers instigated it and the RR reacted, damn right I'd be wanting to get out of there and would probably drive straight to the nearest police station/area of high surveillance, regardless of mobs in my way.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if Rangie had stayed put would things have escalated so far? Doubtful. Having said that, something spooked the driver enough that they felt the only way out was to drive over other people. That's quite a hideous situation to be in.

They were already smashing his car up. I don't think they wanted to exchange insurance details.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Impossible to comment. We don't know what happened before hand. But if the bikers instigated it and the RR reacted, damn right I'd be wanting to get out of there and would probably drive straight to the nearest police station/area of high surveillance, regardless of mobs in my way.
Don't need to know what happened before to know I still wouldn't have been stopping with a kid in the car and that many angry bikers.
Even if somehow it was the range rovers fault (and tbh I really can't see how) he would still have to be an idiot to do anything other than run in that situation.

they clearly wanted blood not an apology.

He should have been on the phone to the police straight away and just driven along the motorway slowly, but not slow enough to let them come beside him.

Knocking anyone over who tries to stop in front of him or whatever and just waiting for the police to catch up.

They were already damaging his car so getting out could have been a lot worse for him/his family than knocking a few wasters over.

S4 Avant
Imagine looking in your mirror and seeing that many bikers chasing after you, must have been proper scary. Not much point in booting it, he's not getting away from a bike.

Theres a huge amount of point in booting it! They may all catch up, but what biker would try kicking out at the range rover while doing 120? And what biker is going to stop a 3 tonne object doing 120?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Theres a huge amount of point in booting it! They may all catch up, but what biker would try kicking out at the range rover while doing 120? And what biker is going to stop a 3 tonne object doing 120?

I didn't see any of them kicking out at it when he was driving slowly lol.

Don't need to know what happened before to know I still wouldn't have been stopping with a kid in the car and that many angry bikers.
Even if somehow it was the range rovers fault (and tbh I really can't see how) he would still have to be an idiot to do anything other than run in that situation.

they clearly wanted blood not an apology.

Hence the rest of my "if" post ;) But agreed. No way I'd stop, and looks like they were forced off the freeway and into a traffic jam, by the 5ish mins part of the video.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with the range rover driver in this one. If there willing to try and block a range rover on their bikes causing a threat to this guy and his family then they deserved to be run over, simple as that.

Clio 182
They were already smashing his car up. I don't think they wanted to exchange insurance details.

Watching it back, yeah. I agree, they weren't there to swap insurance - it seemed like biker wanted to make clear their dislike of the RR's driving.

They group around the RR, one of them is clearly having words, and then pulls infront and slows down to bring RR to a stop. At 30-55 seconds you can see one of the bikers (the same one?) talking at the drivers window, then punching at the car (nr the wing mirror, in an attempt to knock it off I assume?) and turning and walking as if to go back to his bike. There's a slight pause 1-2 seconds and then the RR drives off. When driving past, you can see there's little damage to the car apart from scrapes along the door panels (from scraping past the bikes - they're not there before the RR is stopped) so it appears the bikers didn't do that much apparent damage.

It seems that it's only at the point the bikers are beginning to walk/ride off does the Rangie drive through them. Which seems to be more retaliatory than defense.

Is that still acceptable?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There's a couple walking away, near the camera, but the core group of assailants are still by the car.

Chances are you saw the first guy who threw a punch, but then bikers being bikers, more joined in.

Either way, the fact that the vehicle is being attacked is a justifiable reason for fearing for your life, and using force to escape.

Maybe he was revving the engine trying to warn them. A few thought f*ck this a backed off, which is what the video shows us. But the rest are still banging at his windows. So he speeds off. Make him right. Bunch of c*nts. END

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who rides a bike is b*llend. Simple fact. Every single superbike I've ever come across is being riden by some absolute hero who think he is invincible. And they wonder why they are always involved in crashes.

Completely off topic but I love around a 1/4 of a mile away from the entrance to a pretty quiet piece of motorway (M58 for reference). I lose count of how many times from around 5pm onwards that you can hear a bike giving it the absolute beans for between a good 15 to 20 seconds. I'd hate to see how fast most of them get up to.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Wonder what would have been the end result if it was in this country!

RRS Driver imprisoned? Bikers all let of?

Something Not French
Driving under duress is justifiable in the UK. I don't understand the bikers need to stop traffic, simply there wasn't one. In a country where gun grime is so prevalent I'd have done the same, gang mentality at its worst.

I wouldn't have come off the freeway though, asking for problems in NYC, hence outcome of video.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I like how he was saying 'call the Police, call an Ambulance, call the firemen........call Batman'!

Why don't you stop filming it on your phone and call the yourselves you bellend?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
To the OP,

What a bunch of intimidating w*****s, why can't they just leave the bloke alone, was hoping he'd smash more of them out his way tbh.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Anyone who has a kid and sides with the bikers seriously wants their heads testing. Probably abit hard to understand if you havent. I can assure you that if that was me, the RR would have been going in reverse a few more times to take more of the b******s out.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
From what I can see in the video I'm siding with the RR driver, for reasons already discussed by others.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who rides a bike is b*llend. Simple fact. Every single superbike I've ever come across is being riden by some absolute hero who think he is invincible. And they wonder why they are always involved in crashes.

every single r32 driver is a wannabe drug dealer in my experience.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Any idea what happened next? Looked lile the window was through and that guy was whacking him with the helmet.

Would i f**k be going into town though.