ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Sport.

Right, my mums RR Sport should be arriving from the factory in about 10 days and im looking for some tips as i will be the one keeping it in tip top condition :D

Interior upkeep:

Ive never cleaned leather, so whats the best to go for?

Exterior:

Its silver, currently i have a fair few Autoglym products (shampoo,SRP,EGP).

But i would like to upgrade to Megs maybe where necessary, the AG bodywork conditioner just doesnt seem to foam up at all.

I want to be able to use the products on both my car (black) and hers (silver) so i would like a wax that works well on both colours.

Was thinking of maybe:

Megs NXT or Softwash
Megs Quik Clay
Keep the SRP (wont be needed straight away right?)
Keep the EGP
P21S Wax
Megs Hot Rims
Megs Tire Gel (or whatever else is recomended for absolute wet look long lasting.)
Havent found a trim detailer yet RECOMENDATIONS?

Cheers (im on a thread roll tonight haha)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Some good stuff on here , that quite a few people use :

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

I can highly recommend the extreme body wash n wax shampoo , better than the megs stuff . If your gonna use the EGP you might as well use the SRP imo . Get yourself a good lambswool wash mitt from them also , use the 2 bucket method to wash .The new look trim gel is as good if not better than the AG bumper care , both are very good for the outside trim . For the interior either the silk shine sprayable dressing or autoglym vinyl and rubber care , the vinyl and rubber care is good on the tyres as well .

The easiest on and off wax i've used so far is the XXX Hardcore Pure White Carnauba Paste Wax , applied with the yellow megs foam pads or the microfibre applicators which i prefer ( even though some people say the soak up too much product , i don't think they do ).

Get yourself some microfibre cloths to dry and remove the wax and polish . Tescos sell some blue ones for about £1.27 each . Or the large waffle weave towel from carwashnwax for drying .

Plus if your a CS member you get 10% discount and he usually throws in a freebie or two ;)

For the leather .Zaino Z 10 leather in a bottle :

http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=12_Z10

Lots of choices out there , and people have their own personal favourites .

Good luck with your cleaning mate , nice motor by the way :)

ps , you'll probably need a ladder , lol .

Skoda Fabia vRS
you WILL need a ladder !

make sure you get up early as it will take you ALL day

good luck mate, by hand your gonna need arms like arnie lol

106 GTi
Ditch the AG Shampoo, another vote for the CG Extreme body wash n wax shampoo.

AG SRP, EGP and P21s will look great on Silver.

I would SRP it from new to be honest, its only very mild so will clean the paint up nicely and allow the EGP to bond properly.

Leather - weekly wipe downs with a damp microfiber.

To clean and Condition in one Step - Einzett 1Z Leathercare, seperate conditioner if you dont want to clean, Zaino Z10. Both give a totally non greasy or sticky factory look.

Megs Endurance tyre gel is not bad for lasting well, I prefer AG Rubber Plus though for ultimate durability. Current choice on the Clio is Poorboys Bold and Bright.

Thanks for the stuff so far.

Its the not so sport HSE but with the dynamic pack, 20 inchers, Brembos, air suspension and full Harmon Kardon sound system.

The supercharged is just a bit on the pricey side im afraid.:(

Does anyone else find that car wash n wax site to be really hard to navigate?

there only seems to be CG products on there?

Actually forget durability on the tire shine, aslong as it lasts atleast two weeks and makes them look amazing for that period of time il be a happy lad., whats that Poorboys end up looking like?

I cant be having the trim detailer running when it rains or anything as i am in the lovely North West of England, so does the New Look Trim Gel, or the AG Bumper Care do this?

Also how does the Waffle Weave Towel compare to a chamois?

106 GTi
Poorboys Bold and Bright looks quite glossy, looks alot like AG Vinyl and Rubber applied.

Car Wash 'n' Wax only do the Chemical Guys stuff I think. Site never works well here, just thought it must be one that not work with Safari on the Mac though. Onluen ordering etc all worked which was the important bit. lol

AG Bumper care does not streak in the rain so long as you buff it off properly after application.

Waffle Weave advantages means no need to keep wringing it out like a chamois - so reduced drying time. One towel should dry a whole car easily. Less chance of scratching as it is sofer and has a nap. It is a Microfiber towel with a weave designed to absorb water which it does well.

Another question, where can i find an online retaler in the Uk that stocks most of this stuff?

I cant find that Einzett 1z leathercare anywhere! or the Poorboys stuff.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Same as Rich says about the AG bumper care with the CG new look trim gel . Buff it off after application and its ok . I'm in the sunny north west too ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
that CG trim gel is amazing stuff, does need buffing about 30mins after application though to make sure it doesnt streak in the rain

RB 182
Used the CG trim gel on the wheels last weekend, top stuff leave it a while though.

Never had a problem with any of the CG products and I've tried quite a few, top quality.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Used the CG trim gel on my tyres as well . Last week i tried the Silk Shine Sprayable Dressing on the tyres , tyres are still looking good . Tried it on the dash , not too shiny , just takes away the matt look .Another CG product i'm impressed with :)