ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RANT - The BT HomeHub

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay, firstly. The advert, whats up with that? Wow the awkward life of a bachelor getting with a woman who already has kids really makes me think about my internet needs.

Anyway. The HomeHub itself. Now on my 3rd, still shocking. The first one just plain didnt turn on? The second one decided to kick everyone off the network when it felt like it. And this one has developed a fantastic problem.

If I'm on xbox live on forza, and there are 8 cars in the race, after 1 min the HomeHub crashes. Completely restarts, also when I'm uploading more than 3 pictures to Photobucket it just completely crashes. Sitting there with its blinking power light, mocking me. This one also has POOR range. I'm in the next room with both doors open and im not getting full signal on my macbook, windows laptop, and even worse on the xbox. I'm just tired of talking to some t**t on the end of a phone about how s**t there product is!!

Rant over.

Anyone else have stupid problems with this heap of junk.

Titanium 182
Pmsl @ "mocking me" !

I work for BT wanna hate me ? lol
never had any problems with mine and I have the "crap" white one.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Naa BT Workers seem to be quite nice actually. Well the engineers are always nice blokes! I have the black one :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
old skool white one FTW, been running for years and has helped me download terrabytes of info!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
old skool white one FTW, been running for years and has helped me download terrabytes of info!

Is that what there calling it these days ;)

Ive discovered when playing forza online if theres a large crash the homehub goes AAAH s**t and dies.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
They are w**k. My wireless cod connection is shite. I had a better connection when I was rolling 512k tesco bb over my 8mb bt line. So laggy.

Titanium 182
I'm a (get ready for this)

"Internetworking remote diagnostics engineer"

Nope, I don't know what it means either.
Basically when something goes catastrophically wrong with a business's network I fix it.
So home users aren't allowed to hate me :rasp:

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Mine is also having problems. It's bloody annoying as their Radio advert is all about "losing connection" and how their wireless technology is the best.

Mine restarts itself and becomes invisible to devices for up to an hour.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Glad I'm not the only one feeling this. Mine just dropped from 1mbps (average speed at my mums house) to 50kbps. :/ Now its back up to about 512kbps.

Also i have the random restarting problem. BT dont want to know about it anymore.

Hate that advert, that mocks me the most. Talking about how reliable it all is. f**k OFF! lol.

This is what happens when you let a WOMAN (in this case my mother) choose the ISP, at my dads i chose. And i chose Be (www.bethere.co.uk). They offer the fastest ADSL connection in the UK, and because they are not that well known with not many customers, they look after you! I had some problems and the guy at the end of the phone really helped me. Firstly, after a min or two he said "I can see this is going to take some time, so I will ring you back to save you money". (there customer support isnt freephone). Then talked me through fixing the issue. I also exceed the speeds most websites tell me my line can get (5mbps) and recieve my max of 8mbps.

Another good provider is O2, when we first moved in the line was knackered and they worked so hard to get it done! In the end we switched to BT so they could send there engineers out to help us! But o2 customer support is quite highly rated. Its also a dirt cheap internet ISP

In the long run i would never choose BT again tbh. We only went with them so they would send blokes out to physically fix our w**k line (Turned out it was unplugged at the telegraph pole, which was funny because the engineer they sent was scared of heights).

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have had mine for over 2 years (I have the old white one) and it's started to get a bit temperamental. For example I will be surfing the web fine on my laptop and then the wireless connection will completely die forcing me to go restart the hub.

Also, when playing my Xbox360 I was unable to do voice chat and play games online sometimes. One day it would work, others it wouldn't.

Maybe time for me to buy a decent router!

Bumder With A Buffer
New black one (2.0) seems a lot better than the old white one I had. Wireless actually works now.

Are you connected to it via wireless?? Because I had issues with mine before we got this new black one (started/upgraded to unlimited package for the same price we paid for option 1 ,£15 WIN)

Turned out to be my neighbours wireless channel was set on 1 and so was mine and it was interferring moved to channel 11..jobs a good un

People slate BT but its only there customer service that lets them down, BE, and 02 use the same network infrastructure as BT (well they are BT lines they use). I have my rants about them dont get me wrong.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My mums house, happens to be a bungalow. The road is full of 80 year olds so there are no other wireless routers in this area! lol. Gunna ring BT again to see if i am in luck :( joy.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I heart Be

Same, at my dads house 8mbps :)

Well after some person in india fiddled with my line (that didnt sound dirty in my head)
511945279.png

I guess i cant complain, i was getting about 1/10th that speed last night!

Bumder With A Buffer
Same, at my dads house 8mbps :)

Well after some person in india fiddled with my line (that didnt sound dirty in my head)
511945279.png

I guess i cant complain, i was getting about 1/10th that speed last night!

Id hazard a guess that you have a fault somewhere on your line... unless your far away from the exchange?

Possibly a battery leakage or loop fault somewhere

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
BT Have worked lots on the line, its as good as they will be bothered to get it. And we are fairly far from the exchange yes.

i had one of the orignal white homehubs it was alful i was under the impression the new ndraft homehubs were really good im with be now though but i had the same trouble with the bebox it was slightly more reliable but still i wouldnt touch a thompson router with a bargepole

be netgear router(broadcom cpu) ftw ;) shame the new dg834 doesnt have one :(