ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattle be gone

Right Day off on friday, wouldnt mind seeing if i can get rid of a few interior rattles from my 172 cup, i seem to remember someone using sponge to pad bits underneath the dashboard? was a while back now.

Anyway im gonna take the sponge aproach just wondering if any1 has any tips on how to get rid of most of the rattles once the dashboard is off (what to use to pad it out what bits to sponge? etc)

Main rattle is drivers side vent if i can get rid of this id ne happy

cheers jez

SLK 350
Its my tweeters that rattle, and the driver side A frame pillar but i think thats the alarm cable.

Volume Up - Rattle be gone :)

No need for sponge.

It will 90% of the time be cables under there rattling.

Take the dash board off and go for a drive, putting your finger on cables that rattle. Then simply get a small cable tie and tie the cable down to something (often a larger cable).

This will stop most of the annoying rattles.

its the door cards in my car - as soon as the stereo is on the bass makes the doors rattle and thats with standard speakers! Also the drivers sun visor rattles real bad - think it is the wires inside to power the light - if i pull the visor down then push back up rattle stops for a while. really piss*s me off