ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle Gearbox/Engine?? Help...

Iceberg 172
I have a strange little annoying (to say the least) rattle/knock, in 3rd gear mainly between 3000/4000rpm ish, its prominent in 3rd gear, although it does happen in 2nd sometimes and occasionally 4th; however it is intermittent. Some days I can't hear it, and other days it's bad. I'm not confusing this noise with the dash rattle as I have managed to stop that, I've also read through all of the forum & searched topics & as of yet haven't found out what it could be. I've tried pushing the gearstick down when moving and the noise starts, that doesn't cure it either. I don't really have much of a clue about mechanics etc, but could it be a gearbox mount? It seems as if my gearbox is a little temperamental as sometimes when I go to put it into 1st I can almost feel it under my feet move the entire box? I have no idea if this is even possible.. I've also read it could be the heatshield although I've watched videos from cs members & it just doesn't sound like that.
To explain the rattle it sounds like a bolt is really loose or come loose and stuck somewhere rattling around in the gearbox, it seems as if it's coming from the centre/mid left of the car so more or less mid passenger side ish..
I've tried to do a video myself but you can't hear it on there.. Any help will be appreciated :)