ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle

this will be a common problem im sure but its driving me nuts... when pulling away in first or second gear ( unless I crawl away ) I can hear a rattling noise, definitely metal, sounds like its coming from behind the dashboard at the top end...

my suspicions are that its the metal cover that goes over the driver side wiring loom into the ECU ( one has a cover, one doesnt ) its a 1.2 facelift, not sure where this bit is on the larger engines

It started off as a faint rattle and is getting worse and worse if I come of the clutch quickly going into third gear now it just clunks the once, so Im guessing somethings has worked itself lose with my rather violent suspension...

any ideas what it could be other than what I suggested, and if anyone else has had this, how do you stop the f***ing things rattling before I go insane !!

Only rattle ive got is the 4k rattle, which is getting worse also.

I suggest you spray a few cans of expanding foam into the dash and engine bay! Maybe...

Legal Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for anything I say.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

if i had a quid for each rattle i could sell the car for a frickin profit, these french cant build for sh*t... looks good tho...;)