ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattles - where are they

My Cup seems to be developping more rattles :confused:

Left and right corners of the dash are quite bad. Ive tried to tighten the screws on the ends but they dont locate into anything :mad: Ive also got a bad rattle coming from the rear of the car, possibly in the boot?

Anyone solved anything similar?

yeah i had rattle i tail gate it was a nut flying around in there they didnt put it back on anything as they didnt know where it came from

You name it, it rattles in mine!

Rattles Ive managed to track down are: -

Passanger side air vent, Passanger Seat, Tinny vibrating noise from the centre of the dash when using the engine to brake i.e changing down coming to a junction etc, random rattles from the boot area, driver side door creaks while cornering!?!? Not bad for a 6 month old car with 6K on the clock.

Its in to day to have this lot looked at! And for the mechanics to joy ride and thrash it around :mad: BUT if they dont fix it I maybe visiting Honda, Seat etc very soon for some test drives. I love the car but cant stand a new rattle a day.

Sorry Rant over.....

996 Carrera

Ive got a rattle in the dash to the right of the hazard light/demister panel.

Nothing to do with my heavy-handed headunit install, honest.

Hopefully a bit of well-placed sponge will cure it.

I have had numerous rattles and squeaks drive me crazy in both my Clios!!

Like u say, if u turn the stereo up, it starts to drown out the noises!!! They are noisey cars!!! Road noise is also poor!

Got to have a hunt round to try and locate my rattles soon, so this will give me a head start!!!!! :)

that blue bit over the glove box rattles on mine, think rear speaker plasticy bit rattles and maybe the front passenger tweater too.

Renault build quality you gotta love it.