ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling Cat

Hi

Just been out to the Mrs 182 and from cold and with blips of the throttle, the cat seems to rattle loads when the revs drop down again. Almost like theres something loose in there.

Its only 17 months old so surely the cat aint on its way out is it?

Any ideas guys?

Megane225FF

The cat on my old saxo vts went 3 times, and each time, there was rattling inside it, just like you stated, sounds like theres something loose inside.. sounds like its shafted mate.

RB182cup&golf gti

Quote: Originally posted by thedoc on 06 September 2005

The cat on my old saxo vts went 3 times, and each time, there was rattling inside it, just like you stated, sounds like theres something loose inside.. sounds like its shafted mate.
ditto! the cat on my vts went 4 or 5 times and it was the horrible rattle / squeak sound - meant the thing had burnt out and crumbled

RB182cup&golf gti

yeah that was within 18 months of getting the car from brand new and only covered 12k - which is why i switched! citroen didnt seem to care - just bolt on a new cat everytime - got so pissed off with having to keep taking it back - wouldnt mind but i didnt nail it very often either and always let it warm up. was obviously some other problem but as i said citroen didnt want to know! all under warranty

BMW E46 330i Touring

Could be baffles collapsed in the silencers somewhere? Theyve gone in my Si centre section and rattle horribly at low revs / pulling away.