ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling noise from rear when going over bumps?

Silver Iceberg
Help please!, I have got a really annoying rattle ticking noise from the rear of the car when going over bumps, potholes, speed bumps ect. I did have a burst shock but replaced it, yet still the rattle. Searched on here and found problems with heat shield but it seams fine. I've had a look at most visible nuts and bolts but lost! Any one else had this prob? Any thoughts?

Ps, car has been lowered 40mm on apex springs.

Silver Iceberg
No it's defo from outside, need the window down to hear it. I cleaned out the spare tyre well too as it sounded like something rattling in there but that never solved it :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Your rear coils are probably knocking against each other, I had exactly the same thing when I some lovely Apex springs fitted for a week a few years ago, they sag like f**k over time, have a look at yours as it will be obvious if they are have been knocking lol :)

Last edited: