ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling Sunroof - Any advances?

Hey all,
Just wondering if reno have made any improvments to the manual pop-up sunroof handle or anything in the past 6 months. Mine has that ruber tubing and washer "fix". Its lasted for quite a few months but the rattle is now back!

Cheers for any info,
-TS

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
buy a car without a sunroof. its the only way to stop the rattles.

My sisters 05 plate is on its 4th sunroof!!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol my current one is....

cut a scouring pad into 1/4's, get one quater, open the sunroof place it in the centre where the lock is and shut the sunroof, stops the rattles...only prob is u cant open ur sunroof without it falling out. suppose you could double sided tape it to the glass?

80MPG BEEZA
russ9898 said:
lol my current one is....

cut a scouring pad into 1/4's, get one quater, open the sunroof place it in the centre where the lock is and shut the sunroof, stops the rattles...only prob is u cant open ur sunroof without it falling out. suppose you could double sided tape it to the glass?

glue the foam into place :) result

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yup, should work...just dont want to glue it for a few more days until im sure its cured the rattles lol

Renault clio Exp 1.2 16v
you can get a refitting kit for £30 from renault garage, only prob is i have no idea how to use it! and labour is £130 apparently at my local renault garage.

So if anyone knows how to use the fix kit please get in touch!

Ta Dale

BMW M135i
I've had the fitting kit thingy done under warrenty about a 2 months ago and so far its stopped all rattles but i'm not holding out for it to stop it for too long.
Don't tend to use it too much to try and stop it for as long as possible.

Holy sh*t....there is a fitting kit? Can anyone PLEASE tell me what it is, consists of, photos...lol. You cannot understand the joy...even if it is for a few months.

Cheers,
-TS

No point bothering mine been rebuilt twice and fixed and bodged enough. Either live with it or get a whole new roof panle for a 172 which done's have the sunroof.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Renault are aware of this problem and they have done a repair kit - contact your local dealer and give them your reg. There are 2 kits...a stage 1 and a stage 2 in case the 1st one doesnt work.

REF ; tech note 0833A

Part numbers for repair kits 8200355724 & 8200355725

Blue Clio 182
Ive had the same problem my 55 plate has had 3 new handles, it's ok for a few months then it rattles again, I just open it or turn the music up , Ive leant to live with it

"Navy" N17 TWO
MATT BLACK said:
Renault are aware of this problem and they have done a repair kit - contact your local dealer and give them your reg. There are 2 kits...a stage 1 and a stage 2 in case the 1st one doesnt work.

REF ; tech note 0833A

Part numbers for repair kits 8200355724 & 8200355725

How recent are these repair kits Matt ?

I've already had one fitted, then back into renault to get looked at a few times with no luck :dapprove:

PS - mine is the electric sunroof