ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 might just be staying

Astra gsi turbo
iv not had my clio long and iv hardly driven it as it has a fault which after changing most sensors, plugs leads and coil it turned out to be a faulty lambda :mad: my plan was to get it running rite and sell it on as tbh i thought it was pretty gay BUT I am just back from a run round some twistie roads and i must say im impressed with it and i might just keep it. i was only going to sell as i wanted another type r as they are slightly quicker but now im looking into throttle boddies. would this make it on par with a type r ? anyway. pics of said 182 with its new stripes coming soon :D

G

Gregor11

iv not had my clio long and iv hardly driven it as it has a fault which after changing most sensors, plugs leads and coil it turned out to be a faulty lambda :mad: my plan was to get it running rite and sell it on as tbh i thought it was pretty gay BUT I am just back from a run round some twistie roads and i must say im impressed with it and i might just keep it. i was only going to sell as i wanted another type r as they are slightly quicker but now im looking into throttle boddies. would this make it on par with a type r ? anyway. pics of said 182 with its new stripes coming soon :D

you'll be over 200bhp on throttle bodies, and with the car weighing less than a civic, it'll be on par if not quicker!!

Astra gsi turbo
stupid numberplates let it down but im happy with the new stripes

IMG_0882.jpg

RB 182 Cup
the type-r is not quicker than a RS clio.. it maybe on paper.. but whew i have destroyed plenty of them.. even a type-r accord 2.2 from standing start..

Astra gsi turbo
iv had 2 and i agree. my facelift felt faster than my pre facelift for some reason but i like the idea if throttle bodies

EP3 Type Rs are only quicker at licence losing speeds, so I wouldn't be selling the 182 based on that.

Astra gsi turbo
that is so true. in order to make vtec "kick in" you need to be above 5k which you will then be speeding lol

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I know you're paying for the reliability, but I really don't think the premium price for both Civic Type R and Cooper S is justified. Mate haw just paid 4k for an early '02' Cooper S...

Rusty Cup
I got close to throttle bodying the clio albeit bike bodies, but im glad i didnt to be honest i just enjoyed what it was capable of. My plan is to save the money i would have spent modding and buy a westfield as a weekend car :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I know you're paying for the reliability, but I really don't think the premium price for both Civic Type R and Cooper S is justified. Mate haw just paid 4k for an early '02' Cooper S...
Since when have Minis been reliable?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Since when have Minis been reliable?

Never owned one myself or know that much about them, just going on 2 mates that have had them. Both bought new Cooper S's in 2003, one had for six years and other still owns now, never really had any major grief with either, couple of minors.

Got to be more reliable than a Clio anyway!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Never owned one myself or know that much about them, just going on 2 mates that have had them. Both bought new Cooper S's in 2003, one had for six years and other still owns now, never really had any major grief with either, couple of minors.

Got to be more reliable than a Clio anyway!!

I had nothing but trouble with mine. Had alot of stupidly big bills. Both Supercharged and Turbo models have pretty major flaws.

260% JCW
I had nothing but trouble with mine. Had alot of stupidly big bills. Both Supercharged and Turbo models have pretty major flaws.

You must have bought a right shitter then and like any car you get good and bad. Ours has been fine, Yes parts are more expensive but it's a better built car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
^ I agree, I got unlucky with mine and then got fed up.

You don't need to look any further than the cold start issue on the majority of R56s that the build/reliability isn't on a par with BMW.

260% JCW
The car body ect has the build quality of a BMW, it's the engines build quality that is poor. But then it was co built with a French company............

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Interior wise, fit/finish/build, my R53 was in a different league to any Clio. It's the only bit I miss really.

Astra gsi turbo
as im still not sure about the throttle boddie idea i did the rite thing and spent the money on a honda crf motocross bike while i think about it

Clio Dynamique Noir
Minis have similar build quality to the BMWs, brothers Mini is far better build than Clios (hate to say it) I do despise the dash and speedo clocks though!! And he did just pay £250+ for an interim service :evil:

Elise 111R
My Cooper S on a MY53 plate was a shocker and only the instant power and tug from the supercharger made up for it. I went through thrust bearings and a clutch in mine... Shocking and before you say well it's because you can't drive I never had a single issue in my 182, nor my Elise 111R and now my Z4M.

The S has alot of character but the early builds rattled and were certainly not of a proper BMW build.

Golf GTD Mk7
standard for standard the civic will have a slight edge, but mainly past 60mph. With bodies you should definately have the edge. I had a 225 the other night up to 77mph ;) and mine is running similar to bodies.