ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rc6 pads

Clio 182
So, I've fitted rc6 pads to my 172 and have noticed they are moving around in the caliper and making a noise from inside the car. I have been told by ktec that this is normal. Does this happen to anyone else?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The only time I noticed my pads moving around the caliper is when I reserve slowly and apply the brakes lightly. Yes they squeal and will probably get louder once they have a few heat cycles though them, and the dust will ruin wheels, remember these are a track/ race pad.

Yeah you want them to move a little mate as they expand when hot, stops them from sticking in the carrier as well. As above the only time i noticed them moving was when reversing and braking the first time then like wise when going forward .

Presume the car is a track car? If not they are a total overkill for road use.

Clio 182
I'm pretty sure I can hear them rattling around when I hit a small bump, it's pretty loud. Yes car is mainly track, just used it on road to test the brakes, that's when I heard the noise

If they're like my RC5s the issue is that they dont fit the anti attle springs and worse still, the hump that houses the rivet isnt even on the backplate so you cant fetrofit them either.

Astra VXR
Slightly off topic, but seems as were talking new Carbon Lorraine pads.
Whats the bedding in process? Can they be driven hard from the off because theyre race pads?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Slightly off topic, but seems as were talking new Carbon Lorraine pads.
Whats the bedding in process? Can they be driven hard from the off because theyre race pads?

No particular bedding in process on them. Can use on track from new.

I like to warm them up a bit first though, so i don't suffer from them falling apart like some do.

I'm sure they knew what they were doing when they designed them.

They mustn't need them.
Designed? They copy the backplate from the OEM and stick some new compound to it. All credit on the R&D on the compound, but skipping the springs is just lazy. No, they dont 'need' them, because racecar, however they would be infinitely better for having them, reducing the knocking and squealing which are the biggest complaints about them.

Brake pads are a proper PITA, as the new legislation means that anything uprated is effectively not acceptable for road use, and less focus is given to making them civil to live with. IMHO RC5s work fantastically on the road, even from cold, but I couldnt live with the squealing in the end