ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-circulation/steaming up issue, sort of fixed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So over the past couple of weeks the rear windows have been steaming up more so than i think they should and being 99% sure there was no leak i knew it had to be something else. So after searching on here i came across the possible issue, the recirculation flap under the drivers scuttle panel staying shut. So off the panel it goes and low and behold the flap was closed. I also dont think the recirculation is working as it makes no sound when you press the button on the unit (not that i ever use that button anyway) and the flap doesnt move. Will see how i get on over the next couple of days and report back but thought id share as im sure im not the only person who has come accross this issue before.

And i replaced the pollen filter a while back before anyone asks.

PH2 Flamer
You dont have to remove the scuttle to get to it.

Just look under the steerimg column to the right of the pedals. Mine was doing the same so just opened and used a bit of tape to stop it closing again. Now it hardly steams up at all.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah did read that too. Might just be my imagination but when I parked it up I'm sure I heard a faint clicking noise? I will see how I get on later tjough

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It worked, car didn't mist up atall on the way home and usually would in this weather.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My car mists up very very badly but i guess that it might be down to the fact i split a full 5L bottle of coolant in the boot.
Every week i lift my back seat to see it wet and i replace the towel with a clean dry one to try and clear it up.

My re-circulation does work but i would say it was very very poor and it takes ages to de-mist the car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I guess that won't help but do what I did and check the flap is open, change your pollen filter too if its not been done.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So what do i need to do to check this flap and where is it ??
I will get a new pollen filter this week and change it over the weekend.

PH2 Flamer
Look under the steering column to the right of the pedals, right at the back.

Make sure fans are off. Your see a flap that moves and behind it your see a fan. You want the flap pushed all the way up.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Been out to the car and checked the flap and as you can see it seems to be working fine.
I have changed teh pollen filter a couple of times so i will do it again.

th_Re-Circ.gif

PH2 Flamer
Checked under rear seats, and below 1/4 casings for a leak? If your car is getting fresh air, but still steaming up, then there must be water somewhere mate.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Have a look a few posts up . . . . .There was a full 5L bottle of coolant that burst in the boot.
It always seems to gather under the rear seats as i have them up to try and dry it out with a towel

FF Racing Blue 182
i had this problem such a pain had to drive with the windows open when i got it to keep the windows clear so after a heavy inspection i found puddle of water under rear seats and it was the black caps beside the rear lights leaking

so now my windows only mist up slightly in the back but it wont be anytime soon i expect the floor to be dry but it is getting drier but im happy this thread has came up and will check that flap

PH2 Flamer
Good news buddy. I steam up if its pissing down. My scuttle panel isnt a good seal. Can see a puddle down by the blower motor!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mines has been alot better over the last week as i have actually used it a couple of times.
My car sits for 6 days a week as i have a work van.

I bought a new pollen filter so going to get round to fitting that and see where it takes me.

ST TDCI
So the flap should be open normally? Use some tape to keep it in place? And you get cold feet?(lol) and where is the pollen filter?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It opens and shuts when you press the ricirc button. The flap stays open when you draw the air in from outside. The pollen filter is underneath the drivers side scuttle panel.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I think mine is staying shut, how do you get it open again or is it time for new recirculation motor?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Take the drivers side scuttle off and you will see the flap at the back, slide it backwards, done.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
On cars with climate they shut when the engine is off.
and when you start it they open.
If it doesn't move proberly needs a motor.

ST TDCI
it can be seen yeah. ill take a pic when i have the chance[/QUOTE

Any chance of a pic? getting a bit stuck with this:S fitted a new pollen filter, but no change, still steamy, when I press the re-circ button I can hear things happening and if i put my hand up under near the pedals I can feel something moving so i guess its working so why the steamy window?