ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-installing door glass and runners etc into doors

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Any guides on here how to put it all back in , been a while since removed it all so cant remember what order to do it all 🤔

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I have the motor and runner in and the glass but cant get the runner bolts to line up with the screen in place , just to go ever so slightly more up 🤔. Do you need power to the window to adjust possibly ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have the motor and runner in and the glass but cant get the runner bolts to line up with the screen in place , just to go ever so slightly more up 🤔. Do you need power to the window to adjust possibly ?
If the regulator has been off the car a while, the cables could have slackened/stretched a little or something so it could well need a little wind up and down to tension itself back up properly.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve had to do this before and it’s a fiddly b**ch. It’s been so long since I had one apart though I can’t remember any real tips or tricks… sorry!

iirc I did stick a battery onto the motor and run it both ways to get it to a point where I was happy to line it up.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I managed to sort it , drivers side was just being and arse then passenger side was all in no issues 😁