ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Mapping a Clio 1.4 RT

Clio 1.4 RT
hi, ive been offerd to have my Clio 1.4 RT 1998 re mapped for free, what are the ups and down's of this baring in mind its a petrol, as ive heard it is far less effective having a remap to what it would if it was a diesel?

Cheers Mitch

182 FF
the fact its a diesel doesn't mean it gains power from a re map its turbo diesels which see the gains due to the turbo re map.
So just fit a turbo then re map it and you'll see some uber gains

197 Sport
hi, ive been offerd to have my Clio 1.4 RT 1998 re mapped for free, what are the ups and down's of this baring in mind its a petrol, as ive heard it is far less effective having a remap to what it would if it was a diesel?

Cheers Mitch

wouldnt the extra insurance cost out weigh any (if any) power gains???? wouldnt bother IMHO.

Clio 1.4 RT
its free cause my m8 is a mechanic :), so basically it would be a waste of time? i wasnt so much the power i was botherd about it was the petrol, as i am a student only on a part time job i cant be paying a s**t load out for petrol all the time :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
so ur mates a mechanic, does he actualy have the software, rolling road etc, or is he just gunna put a resistor in your airflow meter courtesy of ebay.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Rt clio isn't that a mk1? That won't be a remap that will be a soldered in chip or as ali said a resistor. So no don't do it

Clio 1.4 RT
its the one before the one on ur picture, and yeah he has all the stuff to do it, but im 2 minds weather or not too do it, as im not too intrested in the car, i just want a cheap run about until my insurance goes down then ill look at getting something faster and better :)

HBT 172 Cup
Rt clio isn't that a mk1? That won't be a remap that will be a soldered in chip or as ali said a resistor. So no don't do it

Why not if its got EFI (which i believe all the 1.4 energ lumps), its just as remappable as a Valver / Williams / 172 e.t.c and their stock ECU's.

Soldering may be required, but its required on every valver and williams too, so no different.