ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-occuring Fault, Dash Warning Lights

Renault Clio 172
Hi,

Does anyone know what it means when the STOP & HANDBRAKE light, light up at the same time?

I've been getting a re-occuring fault when taking a long left hand corner to enter a motorway traving at approx 50 mph, on straightning up both STOP and Handbrake light flash red on and off for a second or two.

Doesn't happen any other time so I'm not to worried, but its just annoying, and I worried it might be the early stages of a more serious problem.

Thanks

Michael.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dephaser pully! Stop and handbreak light ....

Sounds more like abs related. You don't have the abs light flag up well do you?

Renault Clio 172
I've had the Dephaser changed 3 weeks ago at Rentech, so can't believe it would be that.

No ABS light, just the STOP & Handbrake lights flickering on and off for a second or two.

Renault Clio 172
Never get the problem anywhere else, just on this one corner on the way to work, a sweeping lefthand turn, running at about 50mph and excelerating in the straight.

black 182 both cup packs
I had this problem, it was worn discs/pads, they were changed and i havnt had the problem since. Hope this helps.

Renault Clio 172
I've changed the front and rear disc's & pads about a month ago. Yet to check the fluid levers.