ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-sprayed in gloss black.

J

jakm15

re-sprayed the 10 year old clio, looks much better now, did all the corners and all the underside in gloss black. looks like new, just been for a drive to burn the overspray off. :D

Photo0225.gif

some old snowy pics

Photo0129.gif

Photo0128.gif

Flol you could have masked the disc surface a bit but fair enough, those pads will be covered in paint now, Smoke like mad when hot? fucked braking performance?

Could have given the arches a clean whilst you where at it.

M235i / 172
Flol you could have masked the disc surface a bit but fair enough, those pads will be covered in paint now, Smoke like mad when hot? f**ked braking performance?

Could have given the arches a clean whilst you where at it.

Was there a quick edit on this post by any chance? ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WTF?!

You haven't even removed anything, theres paint on the CV boots/car underside etc!

I can't even begin to mention the discs....

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
so all you did was take the wheel off (which im suprised you bothered) and get a spray can and spray it on everything metal/plastic???
lol

J

jakm15

thanks for the positive comments just got back from the gym and seen a few replys, made me smile :rasp:, its a 10 year old 1.2 not a timeless peice of motoring. it was covered in rust so i decided to spray it up to prevent further corrosion, rubbed everything down first then sprayed everything. As for brake performance they are exactly the same as before, now back down to bare metal and the same stopping power. comments on removing things before re-spraying are just not practical most nuts bolts would have just sheered off and like before its a 10 year old car most are sitting in a scrappers yard. also about washing the arches before, that would have made re-spraying much more difficult as i would have had to dry them.

before: rust rust rust

now: rubbed down to bare metal, sprayed up, corrosion slowed down plus it looks a lot better that a load of rust

........ awaits constructive comments. . .

top of the pyramid
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KakinPNRiDc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KakinPNRiDc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]