ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re trimming front door cards

Does anyone have a rough price of what it may cost to get front door cards re trimmed ? im planning on getting bucket seats, and would like to trick the door cards out in the same look.

thanks tom

I did em myself mate Its not too tricky, I got Cobra buckets and I just emailed them and asked for some offcuts and they sent them em free of charge.

The only thing you have to be careful with is not to snap the clips when taking the door cards out in the first place.

yeh i was going to also put where do you get the material to match, i saw a lad @ the FCS who dun it himself did a really good job, will have to investigate!!

Im planning to put some highly polished sheet steel/alu in mine.

Was wondering how hard it is to get the trim panels off the door card. From the back it looks like they are glued on?

I just attacked mine with a screwdriver ( I put a cloth over the end so as not to scratch the interior) cant remember if they were glued or not, some of the clips are b**ch to get out though

I tell you what World of Ice are doing at the moment -

you can get two buckets for £250 they are (in whatever colour you want) cream seats and then say blue piping (depending on what you want) and matching doors cards which are £185 for the pair

they look the dogs i want some!!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

is that only for looks?

im not modding my car in any way to make it look better, i just want something that handles really well!

and something that i can grips my body wen i go too fast into a bend!

[Edited by S2 PTH on 20 July 2004 at 1:51pm]

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 20 July 2004
is that only for looks?

no, getting your door cards re-trimmed makes the car handle better and quicker acceleration!