ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Real bad help needed

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
I think i have bought a dud car, i just bought a 1.4 dynamique and it looked all good only now im i seeing the problems.
basically i come off the motorway yesterday and stopped and the set of traffic lights at the bottom of the slip road, while i had stopped my preheat/electric fault light come on and the rev dipped big time when i went to pull away i had on power at all and a top speed of 30mph.
when i got home i let it cool down and started it up same light on same problem.
i tryed starting it today that light had switched off and now being replaced by what i think is the exhaust gas light.
i only got the car Saturday it is under warranty but they want to charge me £35 for the diagnostic test.
is that unlucky or what does anybody have any idea what the problem wid me motor could be Please.

Lionel Richie
bought from a renault dealer? tell em to shove the £35 up their arse! it takes 5min to plug the computer in

If your still under warranty, they should fix it for nothing.
I would phone them again and ask to speak to someone else.

Tell them you'll only pay the £35 if it turns out there's nothing wrong with the car.

If it's broke and under warranty then you shouldn't have to pay a penny.

Typical car sales customer service. Nice as pie before the sale, to**ers after

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
lol i wish i could get a copy of the diagnostic software i would love to go in there and say f**k ur £35 this is the problem BTW does anyone know when the port is for the diagnostics

You can buy a code reader off ebay for about £20 but not sure how much detail it provides. Have to agree though I wouldn't be paying for the check since its a warranty issue. The port is located under the ashtry.

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
well i looked in the manual and it wasn't the exhaust light it was the coolant light.
even when the engine is cold the coolant light stays on after about 5 min then the electrical light comes on does this make any sense to anyone

clio
sounds like the coil pack mate happened to mine. but as for a coolnt light you got me. renault tried to charge me £80 for the diognostic i just laughed. in the end they stuck it on for nout. if its under warrenty take it back though.

Static Low
Sounds like ECU to me mate.
I had the exact same problem.
well im sure it was ECU... the thing wouldnt move. slammed the foot down and everything wouldnt go above 30.

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
grrrrrr sound like there is loads of possibilities look like i will have to get the diagnostics done i will post back with the results

Da

Less
Sure it's not the emissions light? Could be an exhaust sensor or similar. Do you have a pic of the light that's lit? Is it still in 'limp' mode?

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
its the light on the bottom right of the dash i managed to get it of safe mode by complete accident i switched the ignition on and off rapidly and it switched off but i got confused about the light it is the emissions light what causes that light i can't get it off

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique
its the light on the bottom right of the dash i managed to get it of safe mode by complete accident i switched the ignition on and off rapidly and it switched off but i got confused about the light it is the emissions light what causes that light i can't get it off

btw could that of triggerd the safe mode

Megane 230 R26
Tell them you'll only pay the £35 if it turns out there's nothing wrong with the car.

Some garages are a***holes when it comes to that sort of thing, I know people with intermittent faults who have been screwed over for "diagnostic checks" etc where there was "no fault found", and no matter how much they've tried to explain to them that the fault is by its very nature intermittent and may not always manifest itself, it's fallen on deaf ears. :mad: