ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REALLY easy question

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
Are the MK 2 Phase 1 & 2 rear light cluster a direct swap, don't like the all red ones and would much prefer the newer ones with a clear circle in the centre.

Cheers

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Physically the same., electrically different but there is a guide on how to change the connections in the tech help section.

I shall be doing this soon, i'm hopefully picking them up tomorrow. Then i'll be getting some silvervisions for them soon.

Robbijay - don't get conned into paying loads for the standard rears, they really aren't expensive at all.

I shall be doing this soon, i'm hopefully picking them up tomorrow. Then i'll be getting some silvervisions for them soon.

Robbijay - don't get conned into paying loads for the standard rears, they really aren't expensive at all.

yeah like 30 odd quid for the pair

I've just paid £21.00 for the pair & I think they have the bulbs too.

if we gunna compare then i bought a set delivered last yr for 19 quid including bulb holders and bulbs (ebay land of the cheap as chips):rasp:

iconNew_16x16.gif

RENAULT CLIO 172 -182 ORIGINAL REAR LIGHT CLUSTER

s.gif
</IMG>

Bumpage - I picked up the light today locally, all complete inc bulbs & the holders, they have never even been on a car :) as she had the Renault Lexus style things fitted from the factory :rolleyes:

One thing I will say, Fubar's guide is great, but it's total mission go get the wires out of the holder block ! (the black plastic bit) really hard :mad: so much so that I snapped the second one off (need to solder the f*cker back on now :( )
The easiest way would be just to cut the wires & use a chop block (yes I know it's the cowboy way !) but the real way is virtually impossible !

I will get some pics up once they are on it, which should be tomorrow:)