ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

really stiff steering??

CLIO DYNAMIQUE
What could the fault be ?
i've read in the manual it could be i need a new power steering belt ?
can someone else enlighten me before i buy one?

330i. E30 Touring.
To check if the power steering's working, put the key in and turn to the notch you can move the wheel without the steering lock coming on. Put pressure on the wheel and start the car. When the pump kicks in, you should feel a 'kick' in the wheel, and the steering will get lighter.

If it's not working, check the power steering fluid level.

Is your air con working? Air con and PAS work off the same belt, iirc.

CLIO DYNAMIQUE
To check if the power steering's working, put the key in and turn to the notch you can move the wheel without the steering lock coming on. Put pressure on the wheel and start the car. When the pump kicks in, you should feel a 'kick' in the wheel, and the steering will get lighter.

If it's not working, check the power steering fluid level.

Is your air con working? Air con and PAS work off the same belt, iirc.

there is no where to put power steering fluid though, i've read that it's just electrical in the clio i have? i've looked over the engine and can't find no resevoir for it.

330i. E30 Touring.
O Rly? Ph1 172 definitely has PAS resevoir.

Top right of the engine bay as facing. Next to the coolant resevoir.

RS RIP
Budgie just "budged"

no need for belts then , when having an electric one. Sorry, that's all i can say to help. Perhaps a fuse ?

RS RIP
that saved you a visit to the stealers ! :approve: fixed costing a couple of pennies, that's great