ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reanult Clio 192

just read it all apparenlty october ish this year, that might be the new shape clio, not sure about the sport version

black golf v6 4 motion

dunno why reno are only doing 200bhp ish they will be so far behind there competitors new ctr for e.g is gonna be 250ish iirc

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I know they are known for bad build quality and cheapish materials but thats taking the piss.

You cant build a car out of bin bags FFS!

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 04 April 2005
dunno why reno are only doing 200bhp ish they will be so far behind there competitors new ctr for e.g is gonna be 250ish iirc

the clio isnt even in the same class as the CTR, they are different sized models, the clio is just compared to them as its the nearest in terms of performance

VaVa

lol.... head against brick wall time again Tom....

For Clio rival, think C2 VTS, Fiesta ST150 etc..... both of which get knocked into a cocked hat by the current model.

Ziel Nurburgring

They wont go mad as it will alienate certain groups of buyers due to the increase in insurance premiums. The current 172/182s are affordable hot hatchs, anything over 200bhp and just for the sake of saying a turbo would knock it a couple of insurance groups.

Leave it as it is, if anything have a stepped range for 192/212/275V6 then you can chose just how sporty you want to be

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 04 April 2005

lol.... head against brick wall time again Tom....

For Clio rival, think C2 VTS, Fiesta ST150 etc..... both of which get knocked into a cocked hat by the current model.
what group is the honda civic then???

mk1 172

i personally think if the next model ends up looking like that renault will kill the clio, i think it looks like all other small cars on the road at the moment, so so different to what the clio is now !

they will lose my custom ! and they dont wanna do that !

VaVa

Yup. Civic fits into small family category iirc. The Clio and CTR are only compared with each other because the performance is so similar.

Cars in 182s class are ST150, 206 GTi 180, C2 VTS, Ibiza FR etc. Basicall the CLio punches above its weight.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 05 ApriIl 2005 at 12:09pm]

I type too slow. Sorry.:oops:

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 05 April 2005 at 12:10pm]

And I cant spell either.

Octavia VRS

bog standard is out in oct, clio renaultsport will be out next year sometime, maybe I will have enough by then to afford one!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

looks like im gonna batter the sales man then and get 1 of the current shape nice and cheep

the clio that weve seen without disguise on remember was a 5-door. that one with the bin bags looks like it has potential and i can vouch for the micra chasis it shares. my brother had a micra for a while after he smashed in his golf and it was like a toy. was maybe a bit high but as long as the clio is lower then i think the handling will be superb.

Renault are taking the piss out of their customers, Im all for progress but this succession of slightly better slightly faster RSs is really peeing me off, its purely to make as much money out of the people who want to have the latest model, and then laugh at them when they tell them that the car they sold them only a year ago is worth feck all, and yet people will keep on spending!!

Why cant they wait a while and take time to develop some thing uniquely special, but not quite so often, rather than the same repackaged??

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 06 April 2005

Renault are taking the piss out of their customers, Im all for progress but this succession of slightly better slightly faster RSs is really peeing me off, its purely to make as much money out of the people who want to have the latest model, and then laugh at them when they tell them that the car they sold them only a year ago is worth feck all, and yet people will keep on spending!!

Why cant they wait a while and take time to develop some thing uniquely special, but not quite so often, rather than the same repackaged??
Its all press talk though, lazy journo sees previous progression (172, 182) and names it the 192. Nothing from Renault officially.

Surely the 172/182 is something very special anyway? It destroys anything in its class and more often than not is compared with the next stage up. Been about for several years now, just with the occassional update to keep it fresh and competitive, cant really see anything odd about that. At about £13k anyone who thinks they are buying something unique or rare is clearly kidding themselves.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 04 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 04 April 2005Isnt anyone getting bored? (172...182.......192......) :sleep:[/QUOTE]They should call the next one a 193 just to spice it up a bit !;)

118!! lol