ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Arch HELP!

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Hi there I have put 16' 172 RenaultSport alloys on my 2004 Clio extreme 1.2 and there are rubbing whats the safest and cheapest way of fixxing this as it isnt safe (please note is only on the passenger side!)

Tyre Profile :
195 45 R16

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Standard Suspension and Inside plastic bit at the bottom, i might just put a thread up for someone to swap me for some 2004 Dynamique alloys

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Remove said plastic bit ...?!

Or spacers as said. 10mm on the back and 20mm on the front .. will look much better :evil:

Do your homework if you go down the spacer route .. you'll need longer bolts, and possibly hubcentric ones on the front.

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Well Ive been told spacers are dangerous so i didnt want to put them on i might just get 15's for now seen as they wont rub i would hope! I might try taking plastic off tommorow and seeing if its okay like that Thank you for your help

RS6 C7
spacers arnt dangerous, hubcentric or 10mm non hubcentric with longer wheel bolts and you will be fine, i was told santa claus was real ;)

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
SHUT UP LOL ;) Santa is real and am a proper novice with cars i just feel the spacers would cost money plus tyres plus refurb etc i.e. money pit! and have you got a pic of these alloys ?

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
sorry mate, but dont buy the RS alloys for a non sport without doing you h/w for a good set of spacers??

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's only the rears that are rubbing, get some 5 or 10mm spacers and put them on. It's a 2 minute job including jacking the car up, taking the wheel off and putting it back on again...

That's got to be about 100 times easier than selling wheels etc etc...

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
I put some 5mm Spacers on and the garage checked it and said they are fine now they just need tyres and tracking doing, thanks for your help £9.99 fix!