ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear axel 16v - rt

ive just had my engine swap done from a rt to 16v.found some one thats selling a rear axel for a 16v, and with the extra power cud do with discs all round.question is will a 16v rear axel fit straight onto the rt car?is it wider etc?any help please

Its wider.. which is the problem. Itll scrape bad (mine does on standard axle.. so any wider would be asking for trouble)

You need an Rsi Axle - they have discs.. but standard track.

Oh, and Discs dont really improve braking much.. but its something Id consider. I think Drums fade more cus they get hot and dont cool down as quick.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yep you need an rsi axle as its the same width as yours but has the same brakes as the valver.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you would need to make some more brake pipes and modify the front to rear ones to plumb in the valve.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

not a particually difficult job you just need a brake pipe flange tool etc and some new pipe/unions just in case you need to make up some pipes.

I have a Clio 16v, I was under it at the weekend fitting my exhaust. There is no sign of a rear axle, It does have a torsion bar though. Maybe one of those would be more useful for your RT. Sorry could resist it mate!;)