ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear axle of the clio 2,0 rs fitted.

182 cup pack

:) After one year of searching I finally fitted today the rear axle of the clio 2,0 rs.....

This means that I now have rear disk brakes.....

At the first site the look is upgraded and also the braking seems to be better.

Now I only have to get used to it and thats all.

182 cup pack

Fred here is my power diagram:http://www.greekrenaultclub.gr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=243&start=45http://www.greekrenaultclub.gr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=243&start=45 Its the 4th post.....

Robfen it is very simple.All u have to do is remove the axle that u already have,and install the axle of the clio 2,0 rs.It was fitted in 20min.

I tested the car this evening and found out that the braking power is much more,and of course the look is upgrated.

The only thing that is strange is when u pull the handbrake,its lighter than before.

Fred the car has many things as Shrick camsafts,full excaust system,lightened flywheel,11/1 compression risen,gassflowing,reprogrammed ecu,different spark plugs,pistons of the 1,6 16v clio,bmc cda filter.....

Cheers guys.

Quote: Originally posted by GRC79 on 01 October 2003

Fred the car has many things as Shrick camsafts,full excaust system,lightened flywheel,11/1 compression risen,gassflowing,reprogrammed ecu,different spark plugs,pistons of the 1,6 16v clio,bmc cda filter.....

Cheers guys.
bloody hell youve been busy with that

cool!

so, would i be right in thinking that i could upgrade my 1.2 16v brakes to 172 disk brakes by changing the rear axles too?, that would be handy, what with a engine transplant on the cards. probably need to upgrade the brake servo too on mine. (y reg)

182 cup pack

Yes u r right but u also have to change the front disks(there is the real power of stoping the car...)

Im thinking for the k-tec race big brake kit that includes everything that Ill need as huge disks(285mm)calliper extender brackets,cevlar brake pads...The price is great(300Euro)

Good luck...;)

are the rear axles bigger than the ones you took off? i mean, does it make it wider at the back?

i saw a 172 this morning and it looks wider, wasnt sure if that was just because of the wheels though.

182 cup pack

The answer is yes.

It looks a little wider than before....:):D

After many days of testing,I found out that the car has at about 20% better stoping power,of course the ABS is not affected at all(same as it was before)

And on top of everything else I now feel much more secure when it comes to stop the car....When I buy the K-tec big brake kit it will be perfect...