ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear bearing

Clio 172
Just getting round to changing the rear discs and pads and the new ones have the bearing already pressed in, when removing them I am left with this, anyone know and easy way to get this back bit off as I can't get it to budge, it's like part of the bearing split when I removed it

wheel.jpg

Lionel Richie
you're missing your bearing spacer washers (you MUST buy them before fitting the new discs)

hammer + chisel + go mad

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its quite brittle so a sharp chisel and a big whack will normally split it, if you have a small enough grinder to put a slight groove in first though it helps.

Clio 172
I've got washers to put on when I replace the discs Fred, do you mean there isn't one on there just now? It's the first time I've done the discs and pads since I bought the car so I'd have to blame the previous owner for that.

It's started pissing down as well so I'll get the hammer and chisel out tomorrow and see how I get on, thanks guys

Clio 172
Yeah got them, that's really not what the question was though, I've got a bit that is stuck coming off not going on, I have these bits to put back on again.
Thanks anyway

CLS320 with a D6
you're missing your bearing spacer washers (you MUST buy them before fitting the new discs)

hammer + chisel + go mad

This seems much simpler! If I have to again, I'll use this method. If the washers are correctly installed does the inner bearing assembly tend to get stuck like this?