ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear box for 172 Mk I

R

Rich

I know this must be a subject thats been discussed loads of times, but Im looking for a sport rear box with a nice sound tone, but NOT loud.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers,

Rich

Id be interested in the same thing - I dont want a motorway drone, but something that sounds better than the engine whine you currently hear when I rev it!

Any ideas anyone?

Matt

scorpion are very good for honest power gains and arent loud at all, just a gentlemans sound if you will.

Getting my CAT back exhaust in a week or so. So BenR Magnex or Scorp?. Have you had any experience with these two on the 172?.

Thanks,

Chun.

silver valver/hybrid

i can vouch foe the scorpians noise, pretty quiet, espicially on the motorway.

MAN-CHUNepends on what you want really, if were getting one, i wouldnt bother with either. Dont like quite, and dont like magnex, there way too common, and boring. Unless you get the new magnex which has the huge jap style(4") slash cut pipe, or maybe buy a top gear exhaust and fabricate a system, or if i had the money, (300-400 quid) but an invo auto titanium exhaust (for a civic) the back box clips off, weld it to a magnex etc center section....or use powerflow......i just really love the slash cut look....or you could just but a cliocup exjaust (not very exciting but amazing noise and excellent power) like the ones they use in the cliocup races.

I was after a pre made CAT back didnt fancy too much in messing about with putting different exhausts together. Got a pic of that new magnex?.

Thanks,

Chun.

look in any maxpower, revs etc at magnex ads and youll see a big single slash cut exhaust tailpipe.