ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake calipers

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I think i know the problem just wondering wether if theres an easy cure(stupid for think that I know).

Well bascially when I come to a stop my rear brake(think its only one) sounds like a 5 tonne lorry pulling up, quite loud. I am thinking this could be a lazzy caliper?

Anyone got any ideas?

Steve.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

is it squeeking ????

if it is could always try getting some coppergreese and putting it on the pads .....

Id just like to point out at this juncture that you shouldnt put copper grease on the friction material side of the pads.... ;)

Just in case!!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i always thought u put it on the friction side? the side that touches the discs?

noooooooooooooooo. then i wouldnt stop would it? my idea is that if it sounds like truck then brakes ant on much mite need brakes bleedin?

I saw on a Laxus forum some American kid put a back to black type silicon tyre dressing on the tread of his tyres.....

.... and then wondered why he spun off the road in the wet.

twas very funny, he was even going to sue the tyre company cause he was convinced the tyres were faulty

Its not sqeeking as such. Just a very loud noise the lorries tend to make when pulling up. Think the runners might be a bit stiff?

Not yet but will do cheers. I replaced them not long ago and the disks bearings etc. I also used the none screw in pads as that was all they had left .

long term solution to squeking pads is to get a grinder and grind a Chamfer on the leading edge, they will not squek again, just a wee one chamfer, dont go overboard