ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake lines

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Wheres the best place to get rear brake lines? The union on mine has seized to the pipe meaning I've had to rotate the caliper to get it off

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Think from another post you can still get them new from Renault. Which side is it you need? @DomP182

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Haha yeah both I think now! Drivers side is a dodgy mechanic made copper job a d the passengers is seized

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to dig this thread back up. I have been keeping myself busy working on my 183, but noticed the rear beam was ‘damp’. It actually is were a rear brake pipe has fractured, on further investigation (me poking it) it’s completely knackered. RPD seems to be out of stock! Any recommendations for a supplier of the complete hardline OSR brake

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Wheres the best place to get rear brake lines? The union on mine has seized to the pipe meaning I've had to rotate the caliper to get it off
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-II-...+Sport&hash=item3fdbe60016:g:jZ8AAOSwlnVeSZTt

s-l400.jpg
Clio II 2.0 RS 172 REARS ONLY Wezmoto Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses Lines | eBay
Made with British stainless steel fittings and braided hose. 2 hoses for the REAR of the vehicle. Replaces original rubber hoses. Your braking will feel smoother and stronger. That spongy brake feeling will be eliminated, making your brakes crisp and responsive.
www.ebay.co.uk

Same price as 1 OE rear, 8200113856 rh, 8200113855 lh if you want to try around.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’m after the hardlines that run the length of the beam...as it happens I’m thinking I should drop the whole beam and refurbish it whilst I’m at it...

I'd ask RPD if I was you about lead time.

I got mine here and it came quick enough, no guarantee where stock is though -

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah I’m after the hardlines that run the length of the beam...as it happens I’m thinking I should drop the whole beam and refurbish it whilst I’m at it...
That's my intention this summer as it looks like I wont get to drive it, not overly looking forward to it with the state of the bolts but it's a necessity due to some corrosion

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
That's my intention this summer as it looks like I wont get to drive it, not overly looking forward to it with the state of the bolts but it's a necessity due to some corrosion

I initially though I just had some standard ‘surface rust’ but I think on reflection I would be happier dropping it now and sorting. Otherwise it’s one of those jobs that I’ll put off until it’s too late. Given I now have to replace the brake lines, seems sensible to sort all at once. Annoying I will need to move car out of the garage to get it facing the right way with space to work around. I am tempted to buy a used 182 complete rear beam, strip it and send off to blasters/powder coaters. Then replace all the bushes before removal and swap. Doesn’t look too difficult a job just the bolts that scare the crap out of me! May start soaking in wd40 now!!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I initially though I just had some standard ‘surface rust’ but I think on reflection I would be happier dropping it now and sorting. Otherwise it’s one of those jobs that I’ll put off until it’s too late. Given I now have to replace the brake lines, seems sensible to sort all at once. Annoying I will need to move car out of the garage to get it facing the right way with space to work around. I am tempted to buy a used 182 complete rear beam, strip it and send off to blasters/powder coaters. Then replace all the bushes before removal and swap. Doesn’t look too difficult a job just the bolts that scare the crap out of me! May start soaking in wd40 now!!
I'd thought the same regarding prepping a beam ready but the hassle and expense of getting hold of one is putting me off. Access to the bolt threads to clean them up is a bit of a PITA on axle stands too. Let me know how you get on as encouragement to get on with my own

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Nearside hard pipe is no longer available, just the offside is now available.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I'd thought the same regarding prepping a beam ready but the hassle and expense of getting hold of one is putting me off. Access to the bolt threads to clean them up is a bit of a PITA on axle stands too. Let me know how you get on as encouragement to get on with my own

Mine wont be done now until after the lockdown, if I drop it out now no one is open to treat it And the car will be rendered immobile. Which would stop me from working on other s**t. Also I think I may need someone to give me a hand as it looks gurt heavy

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I was possibly just going to hammerite mine, powdercoat would make it the tidiest part of the car

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Nearside hard pipe is no longer available, just the offside is now available.

@renaultpartsdirect

They always seem to float in and out of availability so will be interesting to see. Thankfully recently done both of mine.

Depends if you want to remove the beam mounts from the shell. As discussed before, if you run the fuel tank low, remove the 4x fuel tank bolts you can then get enough access to remove the horizontal beam bolts out. This way you don't have to touch the captive bolts going through the boot floor.

It is nice having it blasted and powdercoated -

IMG_20191114_144656.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
😂 mine too! Maybe I just get it blasted and hammeright the life out of it
I think the original finish from the factory cant have been much more than that, they were rusty after only a few years

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
@renaultpartsdirect

They always seem to float in and out of availability so will be interesting to see. Thankfully recently done both of mine.

Depends if you want to remove the beam mounts from the shell. As discussed before, if you run the fuel tank low, remove the 4x fuel tank bolts you can then get enough access to remove the horizontal beam bolts out. This way you don't have to touch the captive bolts going through the boot floor.

It is nice having it blasted and powdercoated -

View attachment 1462938
Looks good that! I need the mounts off though because I've got rust on the shell where they mount

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
@Amos91 I replaced both mine back in Feb, I ended up luckily finding the Left hand one from a dealer that had one left in stock. My Dealer & several others told me it was No Longer Available when phoning around.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not the lines to the calipers though?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-II-...+Sport&hash=item3fdbe60016:g:jZ8AAOSwlnVeSZTt

s-l400.jpg
Clio II 2.0 RS 172 REARS ONLY Wezmoto Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses Lines | eBay
Made with British stainless steel fittings and braided hose. 2 hoses for the REAR of the vehicle. Replaces original rubber hoses. Your braking will feel smoother and stronger. That spongy brake feeling will be eliminated, making your brakes crisp and responsive.
www.ebay.co.uk

Sorry, I was mislead into thinking this was a listing for hoses all the way back to the rear calipers by the photos of a long length of hose with a male fitting at one end, and a female at the other.

It is in fact the standard OE 8 inch with 2 females flexi`s.

Not sure why eBay sellers cannot use a picture of what they are selling?

I am waiting replies from companies offering custom hoses and will update if I get some positive replies.