ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Pad Change Help...

Clio 197

How to release the piston to get it to retract? Is there some sort of gizmo related to the emergengy brake that keeps the piston from retracting? I seem to remember similar things in other cars but Ive never seen anything like this. It could be the same in the Peugeot 205 GTis as they take the same pads.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

172 sport,

afaik theres an allen key on the rear of the caliper you undo which retracts the piston thats also your adjustment

hope it helps ya m8

yogi

Clio 197

Got it apart and the piston sort of screws in. I hope that is the proper way of doing it!

Defeated by the little torx headed bolts that hold the outer pad on though. What are they all about? My replacement DS2000 pads certainly dont have any holes for them to screw into that I can see. Got to get a little more high tech persuasion.

Thanks,

Ed