ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Pads

Just phoned a tyre and brake dealer in York for a price for new brake pads.

They quoted me £50 for the front ones, but didnt have a price for the rear ones and said they reckoned they were dealer only. Does this sound right? Have anyone replaced the rear pads from somewhere other than a renault dealer, and if so approx how much was it? ( Incidentally, renault were going to charge me £130 for new front pads. Bargain ).

Renault Laguna Coupe

£50 is pretty expensive - you can get performance pads for that (Tar-ox, k-tec etc). My rears are still going strong.

thats a load of bollox m8, I paid £16 for the ones that come on the car as standard (but without the ghey plate, already on the pad).

cheers for the info. I need to get a garage to do it as I have no idea what Im doing ( you should see my DIY efforts :) ). Dont mind paying £50 for the fronts and £50 for the rears, beats the £130 for each set that renault were going to charge me. The bloke at the tyre/dealer place didnt have a price for the rears, but if I can point him at the correct parts he should be able to get hold of em.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Also the ones that Halfords list work just fine too. Think I paid £13. Various brake places I tried didnt have an entry in their books for 172 rear brakes. So I took a risk with Halfords knowing what they were up too (so a big risk :)) and they were right for once!