ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake problem!

fiesta 1.25
Basicky the rear nearside csliper sticks.the pads will slide freely and the wheel will spin freely untill I apply the habdbrake once I let the handbrake off the pads stick and need to be pushed out using a screw driver.

I cant work out if its the pads,caliper or the piston.I'm going to grease the piston tomorrow and see if that helps but any other ideas?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
More than likley thats what the problem is, might be worth while stripping the pads out and just greasing the lot so you dont have to do it again :)

Golf GTD Mk7
sounds like they are siezing to me. you sure the sliders aren't sticking? Maybe try regreasing and see what happens. Mine were siezed when i changed my rears. Saying that, is it doing it both sides? Could be a siezed handbrake mech.

fiesta 1.25
Nope only the one side the sliders were rusty but i greased them and it didnt make a difference.Im going to test the piston first then strip down the caliper and clean it.

I may have got paint on the sliders :eek: i dont know how because i know how to paint calipers but in future i will be taking them off to paint.

fiesta 1.25
Well i tried fitting the new pads today.I rewinded the piston all the way back and applied the handbrake,nothing happened it was too loose.

I then turned the piston another turn and they were to tight even with the handbrake off.

Any ideas?MOT is next week.